Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
What would you say is the healthiest food.?
Previous  1  2  3

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 11:32 am
Freekeh... It's even better than quinoa health-wise.
It's a wheat grain but has 14 grams of protein and a lot of fiber... Plus b vitamins, zinc, iron and a bunch of other stuff!
But then again not ok for celiac. So even this superfood is not a superfood for everyone.

And there is no one food except Manna or soylent green as other posters pointed out that is perfect. You need a combination of foods to be ideal.

smileyfaces

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 11:57 am
My vote is anything that's in it's natural form is healthiest. Meaning, not processed.

Fresh fruits, veggies, grains, etc

TeachersNotebook

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 12:50 pm
OP, can you please clarify your question? There is no such thing as the one healthiest food, because we all need a rounded diet that has protein, carbs, vitamins, minerals, and fat. As others have said, look to manna.

In the meantime, what are your criteria for a food being the healthiest?

tigerwife

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 6:56 pm
With potatoes, keep in mind that most of the nutrients are in the peel. So there is a big difference between mashed potatoes and stuffed potato skins.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 10:01 am
crystal wrote:
Avocado
Eggs
Potatoes (I once read about potatoes, despite its bad rap has plenty of vitamins and is the only food one can live and thrive on for years in a deserted island.)

You don't need a desert island. This experiment already happened. Irish peasants (until the famine) lived very well on a mostly potato diet and the population exploded (since you only need a small plot of land to grow a lot of potatoes.) They were supposedly the healthiest peasants in Europe. (healthy enough to bear lots of children and sustain them) The potato diet was supplemented by small amounts of meat and dairy and other foods. (you do need some vitamins from other foods)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking