Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Please help me get my hair under control

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 10:46 am
I have thick, coarse and loads of hair. It feels like steel wool. Looking for recommendations: shampoo? ironer? treatment?

jewwoman

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:48 am
Wash it every other day with a shampoo. Wash it through twice and brush it. Then add conditioner to mid-lengths and ends.
Good luck

JalapeƱo

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 4:49 am
I would recommend against shampooing frequently, and maybe try avoiding sulfates in your shampoo for a while too, as these dry hair out further.
I have similar hair and I buy hair masks from the ethnic hair sections at pharmacies. You may have to try out a couple different types, but I like ones with shea butter or olive oil. Do a treatment every week or every other week in which you coat your hair, wrap it in plastic or a shower cap, and hang out for an hour (with or without heat).
Creams and leave in conditioners in between treatments may also help. Again, given your hair type you probably want products marketed towards black or mixed women.
Good luck!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 7:02 am
Get rid of shampoo, it has harsh chemicals. Haven't used it in a while. Try to find products with no silicon, sulfates, and prabens. I personally have very curly hair and do not ut anything in it. No shampoo or conditioner- it looks fantastic.

musicmom

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 8:15 am
Biology cleansing conditioner and simply smooth magic potion, which is a smoothing serum. I wouldn't clean hair more than once a week and comb with product using a wide tooth plastic comb starting at the bottom. Throughout week I would spray water with a little conditioner in it if there is a knot or to prevent knots at the nape of your neck. Always sleep with hair braided or twisted into bun to prevent tangles through night. In fact, you can braid or twist hair while it dries and this helps to prevent knots.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:20 am
Try Keratin treatment. Worked really well for me. It can be costly but smooths out the hair and makes it really easy to blowdry.
Downside: it doesn't last so long and you have to redo over and over if you want to keep the look.
AFAIK you also shouldn't do it during pregnancy.
You can research. I haven't done it for a while...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics