Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Skirts in Jerusalem

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 2:14 pm
Can anyone recommend a good place to get ankle/calf-length black skirts in northern Jerusalem? I can go to Sorotzkin/Bar Ilan/Geula. I am looking for both regular sizes and maternity. And I'd like them to be pretty good quality, but I'd like to not pay more than 200NIS or so. Does that exist anywhere? Thanks very much.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 2:19 pm
If the midrachov is close enough for you, does someone know if Chor Bakir is still around? I haven't been in several years but they always had decent quality for fairly reasonable prices.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 2:51 pm
Thanks so much for the suggestion, I was also there years ago. Anything further north would be better, but could be I'll try down there if I really don't have a choice.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 8:15 am
Do you want like a straight slinky skirt type or more wide flowy type?

jewwoman

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good place to get ankle/calf-length black skirts in northern Jerusalem? I can go to Sorotzkin/Bar Ilan/Geula. I am looking for both regular sizes and maternity. And I'd like them to be pretty good quality, but I'd like to not pay more than 200NIS or so. Does that exist anywhere? Thanks very much.

On ben yehuda there is a place called hole in the wall.
In centre one there are a few places.
On yafo there are loads of stores that sell 50shekel skirts....

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 2:29 pm
Thanks, everyone! I just walked down Malchei Yisrael and went into all the stores that have a billion black skirts. Probably spent more than I would have in Hole in the Wall or the like, but I got what I needed and hopefully they'll last!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:10 am
How much did you spend on a skirt? I'm trying to figure out what's reasonable when shopping here.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:08 am
I spent 100 NIS on some and 130 NIS on others. Others were much more, especially in other stores, but I just got basics- stretchy A-line, both below-the-knee and long and straight lined, both below-the-knee and long. Let me know if you'd like to know where. Many stores here are very expensive, with 300-400 NIS for a top or skirt being the cheapest.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:35 am
If you want to get a good quality skirt that lasts I suggest it being between 180-300 shekel. I never buy over 300.

Head over heels is in this price range and so are other stores. Always feel the material and be familiar with the feelings of different materials. Some skirts for 150 are great and some for 250 are junk. You have to train your hand and eye to realisticly see what will happen to this item after it has been washed and how it will hold up in 6 months.

Is it thin? Does it have holes A's a design? Probably going to rip.

Does it need to be ironed?

Make yourself familiar and trust your instincts.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:36 am
My theory is that Hashem is showing us you can't have both gashmiyus a a ruchniyus. So that's why decent quality clothing is so expensive.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 4:14 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If you want to get a good quality skirt that lasts I suggest it being between 180-300 shekel. I never buy over 300.

Head over heels is in this price range and so are other stores. Always feel the material and be familiar with the feelings of different materials. Some skirts for 150 are great and some for 250 are junk. You have to train your hand and eye to realisticly see what will happen to this item after it has been washed and how it will hold up in 6 months.

Is it thin? Does it have holes A's a design? Probably going to rip.

Does it need to be ironed?

Make yourself familiar and trust your instincts.

This- and one more thing to look at is the seams- do they seem weak, or like the thread is pulling? And even if you don't have a tzniut objection to small slits, they weaken the seam they're at the end of. I don't buy or sew them for that reason.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 5:05 am
I have a skirt I love from Shlagers. Behind the bus stop halfway up machei Yisroel. They have plus sizes upstairs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions