Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Montessori schools in Israel??

heartinzion

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 8:40 am
Does anyone know if there are any religious Montessori schools in Israel?

heartinzion

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 8:53 am
I just looked back and saw some other posts about frum Montessori schools and it seems that people are saying there aren't any....
Have any opened up in the last few years? Or, does anyone have any other suggestions for a school that isn't a typical traditional school and that would cater to different learning styles?
We are hopefully making aliyah next summer and I have a 7 year old son who I'm not sure would do well in a traditional school setting. He's in a frum Montessori now.
What are my options in Israel?

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 2:13 pm
Maybe look into Maayanot Rabbi Chiya? Not sure it's exactly the same, but might be I nthe right direction.

heartinzion

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 3:10 pm
Thank you so much. Is it in Jerusalem? Do you know anything else about it? It looks wonderful. From what I saw online it seems Torani, which is what we're looking for.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 4:19 pm
I'm pretty sure there's one in Ramat Eshkol or very near there.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 5:36 pm
Perhaps the director of your current Montessori school knows.

helimum

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 8:20 pm
There is a new school opening this coming September in Beit Shemesh which although not Montessori is child centred and it's main teaching method is through experiential learning. It is opening with more than 90 children in and is well funded(through the iryah). It is under the lmaan achai umbrella of schools . Pm if you're interested and I'll see if I can find a number for the people in charge.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 9:32 pm
Googling around for you...

Various articles refer to the existence of about 30 Montessori School in Israel. The trick is finding them.

Here is a teacher training center that appears to be attached to a school: https://ami-global.org/trainin.....yeled

This website is based in the US and hasn't been updated in a while, but the people behind it might have the information you want. Perhaps use the "contact" page: http://www.jewishmontessorinet.....=home

This organization in Israel appears to be affiliated with (or is at least sharing the website of) a school in the US: https://www.alefbetmontessori......-ima/

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 1:00 pm
My son went to a Montessori gan last year, in Ramat Eshkol. There are two ganim, one for 2-3 year olds, and one for 4-5 year olds. I can get you the contact info or google yahalom Montessori gan, maybe add the words givat hamivtar(neighborhood right next to Ramat Eshkol) .

heartinzion

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:27 pm
Thanks. I was actually looking for an elementary school. My youngest will be turning 6 then.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 3:38 am
I found this specific link: http://www.israelma.org/in-isr......html
but it says its from 2013 and I think that most of these are ganim, not actual schools.

malka18

Post Wed, Nov 09 2022, 5:19 pm
We are looking to make aliyah in the next year or so. My daughter (6 yo) is currently in a religious, Montessori school. I would like to continue that type of learning for her when iy"H we move to Israel. I would appreciate any information. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions