Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Stressful about an unintended sin. 馃槦

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 7:54 am
I am really stressed about a unintended sin a just understood. I found from here a add about using a astrology (not astronomi) to search about your previous life. I tought that is kosher, because the app was here, but later I found (today afternoon) that is not allowed jews to us them. I transmitter email to this person and said to her that I want her to stop. I still feel awful. 馃槬 Will I be forgiven?

imasinger

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:02 am
Of course you will.

That's why the viduy has a place for intentional and unintentional sins.

If you are really concerned, AYLOR if there is teshuvah that may help.

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:13 am
Thank you so much. I think I knew that, but my yetzer hara spoke to me and putted me toughts that I'm so awful sinner that I can't never be forgiven and I'm the worst person in the world.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:19 am
I've done a lot worse, intentionally. But I've learned that life is about growth, not beating ourselves up about the past. Teshuva is about admitting and being aware of our sins/mistakes, and of course we need to feel regret so we don't sin again, but nothing is gained from living in the past. This isn't to say I take sinning lightly. I've cried many tears begging God for forgiveness, but I don't find it helpful to harp on what a bad person ive been. Not sure I am expressing myself clearly but hope this is helpful.

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:25 am
Maybe in the past I wouldn't even bother my mind about it, but now when I'm in progress of making teshuva, everything sinful stresses me.

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:33 am
Well now on I understand, that if I found something kabbalistic, first search its backgrounds and find out is it kosher.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:22 am
There are four parts to teshuva
Charata -regret
Vidui -verbal confession to Hashem and yourself
Azivus hacheit -leaving the sin, stopping it.
Kabbalah al ha'asid -resolution, accepting on yourself not to do it again

There is a lot written about how to go about doing these, but start at face value. Hashem loves teshuva.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:57 am
amother wrote:
I've done a lot worse, intentionally. But I've learned that life is about growth, not beating ourselves up about the past. Teshuva is about admitting and being aware of our sins/mistakes, and of course we need to feel regret so we don't sin again, but nothing is gained from living in the past. This isn't to say I take sinning lightly. I've cried many tears begging God for forgiveness, but I don't find it helpful to harp on what a bad person ive been. Not sure I am expressing myself clearly but hope this is helpful.

THIS, 100%. Take it from a BT with a "colorful past", Hashem loves us, and only wants us to love Him too. He wants everything good for us.

The only reason the feeling of guilt was created, was for us to be inspired to return to our Loving Father. Anything else is a perverted form of self-torture from our yetzer hara.

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 12:08 pm
Well I told to my husband and he advised me to start learning about teshuva. Now I'm learning Rambam's Mishne Torah about making teshuva. Really good time to start, because there is also about Jom Kippur. I'm happy that is soon. I recommend also those who has not now any specific things to atone.
I also want to start learning "path of the just".

penguin

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:06 pm
Dear 专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

It is very very important the you have a mentor or teacher in real life. This board is useful for asking questions and learning about things according to different people's views. However, because there are many different points of view, it can be very confusing.

Also, when you speak to someone in real life, they know you or they learn about you and can give you the best answer that makes sense for you.

I wish you much hatzlacha.

crust

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:13 pm
OP, why do you think it was a sin?

专讜转 讘转 砖专讛

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:53 pm
It's a Torah sin, because you are not allow to trust any non-jews tricks about those kind of things, because their original source is usually from idol worshippers. For example, that astrology is based upon of interpretation from constellations and it's roots are from idol worshippers.

crust

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 4:10 pm
专讜转 讘转 砖专讛 wrote:
It's a Torah sin, because you are not allow to trust any non-jews tricks about those kind of things, because their original source is usually from idol worshippers. For example, that astrology is based upon of interpretation from constellations and it's roots are from idol worshippers.

Had you known this before you did it would you still do it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions