Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Seit supervisor position

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 11:09 am
I am almost finished with my administration degree program. Im trying to figure out where to go from here. Does anyone have any information about the salary (range) that a Seit supervisor earns? Full time/part time? Thank you!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 6:17 pm
BUmp

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 7:09 pm
Trying to bump again. Want some infor before I start applying. Does no one have any information? I'm having a hard time researching this job in general, not just in here. Just wondering why.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 7:14 pm
It's not clear cut. I know people getting $40 an hour or less in such positions in NYC. It's hard work and not as lucrative as it looks.
Bcba, on the other hand is supervisory and makes a whole lot more.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
It's not clear cut. I know people getting $40 an hour or less in such positions in NYC. It's hard work and not as lucrative as it looks.
Bcba, on the other hand is supervisory and makes a whole lot more.
How can that be? Seits make more in the range of 60 per hour. Why would supervisors make less?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
How can that be? Seits make more in the range of 60 per hour. Why would supervisors make less?

Well, supervisor work is admin work, so you will have to build yourself up to a decent salary. Please network and find other Seit supervisors to speak to.
I am not a Seit.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:33 pm
amother wrote:

I'm not so familiar with the supervision angle, but my guess would be because it's a salaried position which generally works out to less per hour. SEITs who work full time for a salary also make less. On the other hand your pay is consistent and should come with at least some benefits. The $60 an hour SEIT gets nothing except $60 an hour - which sounds good until you do the math, when it is still pretty good but not as good as it sounds (no benefits means NO benefits, no sick days, your working hours don't include a lunch break - though you're required to take one on your own tab anyway, you lose money every time your kid stays home with a cold...60 an hour is a good rate but at the end of a year the 40/hour supervisor probably takes home significantly more)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries