Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to organize a house when u have no money?
Previous  1  2

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 11:47 am
A couple of ideas that I can think of hand, that I used.
Empty tissue boxes cut off the top tape around so it doesn't open or tear. You can also try the show stores if they have empty boxes that people don't take.
Empty orange juice cut to size it can be quite tall for taller items or stacking
Empty plastic milk bottle 2 sizes can also be cut to size
Empty gallon of water bottle
Empty cans different sizes those are more stronger you can glue them together to get a little creative.
I use empty soup mandle/croutons container in my pantry I wash them out and refill with beans, rice, corn starch, confectioners sugar, Cocoa powder.... They lay flat or stand tall depending on the space you have but they have a lid. I use empty jars, or practically any container that has a lid that I can wash out I reuse for stuff. I have washed out peanut butter containers, has a good lid. Art supplies can be put in those,make a file folder with cereal boxes, most of these things can be easily decoratedto disguise the original container at the same time fun and creative for the kids.
Good luck.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 1:53 pm
Wow I thought I wrote this thread. You sound exactly like me. Same situation down to a tee. Following for advice

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:22 pm
The internet and library are your friends. Take out books or Google on organizing, storage, DIY, small spaces, saving space and similar terms and you'll find more ideas than you'll know what to do with. Check out time management as well because it's related. Google Rivka Slatkin, who is a frum professional organizer, for ideas specific to the frum lifestyle.

Remember, Rome didn't burn in a day. It'll take time to get everything in shape. Do a little at a time but do it consistently. Start small, with one drawer or one shelf or one corner of a room or even one bag. Maybe your purse or your dc backpack. Empty it all out, purge first, then organize. You don't A-bomb clutter; you chip away at it and chip away at it until it's under control, and then you keep chipping away at it to keep it that way.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:26 pm
My problem is my dh is a hoarder

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:41 pm
ra_mom wrote:
There is. They connect a family who is giving away x to a family who needs x. There is also a watsap group for this.

Do you have more info?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have more info?

Text Sara to join the watsap group +1 917-361-8268 or Miriam +1 347-200-0241.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:12 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
My problem is my dh is a hoarder

That IS a problem. Unfortunately you can't control him. There is therapy for this if he's pathological but like all therapy, the patient had to want to change.

In the meantime. negotiate an agreement: dh gets a specific area or areas for his stuff and NO MORE. You don't comment on what he collects and in return, once he fills his allotted space he can't acquire anything new without purging something old to free up space for it.

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 7:54 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Text Sara to join the watsap group +1 917-361-8268 or Miriam +1 347-200-0241.

I dont do facebook or craigslist.
Too much work. Lol.
But this is super. I texted Sara.
I'm moving soon and would love to swap/give away some stuff. Thanks!!!

trixx

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 8:02 pm
Chabad chessed has a Facebook page but you can also probably call them and speak to someone they are a third party to connect free stuff and recipients

On fb search gemach, there are 2 free groups that I know of

Op your problem doesn't sound like storage containers but what you're storing. As others said, purge first
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics