Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kneesock recommendation

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:37 pm
6 yo dd is required to use kneesocks this coming school year. she doesn't mind them in concept, but the pair that I just bought her to "get used to knee socks" is just not comfortable on her. I bought her memoi. she does not mind tights at all, but I'd realy like her to use kneesocks instead during the warm months.

any recommendations for the most comfortable brand of kneesocks (not knee highs, but is there a brand of knee socks that is soft like tights?)

skee

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 10:55 pm
Most knee socks for kids are the sweater-like material, like the type that would be used for sweater tights/winter tights, not the thinner microfiber sort of material. My kids like memoi or trimfit.

Eta..what aspect is she finding uncomfortable? The material? The feeling of the top of the sock around her leg which she isn't used to? Something else? I also find that the right fit is important. When the socks are a little too big or too small my kids find them uncomfortable but when the socks fit just right they are fine.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 11:01 pm
I have a "sensory" kid - her favorite are Condor Barcelona loose fitting modal knee socks ( made in Spain) . They are expensive , but they are the only ones she loves.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 11:20 pm
The memoi socks from the fashion collection specifically have no seam at the toes.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 11:34 pm
Hm, I'm sensitive and I think memoi was one of the ones I liked... but I'm a trimfit loyalist overall.

I was the opposite as a kid, loved socks and hated tights, but even though I was super sensory and a big DISbeliever in "you'll get used to it" (most hated line of my childhood) guess what - when I had to wear tights every day at a certain point (school requirement) I actually did get used to it and then found it hard to adjust back. Now I'm back to hating tights because I got unused to it... just saying maybe there's hope for your DD if you can find something she can tolerate even if she doesn't like it. Note that it has to be something she can agree to tolerate - if it's *too* uncomfortable then this would backfire big time.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 8:45 am
proper fit really makes a big difference as other posters have said. My dd liked mui mui until they got too small. She also likes gymboree knee socks. My daughter is allowed to wear designs on her knee socks. Gymboree currently has a few styles with designs for 1.99 and others for I think 4.99.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 11:18 am
Check out SockDreams.com If they don't have it, it's not worth having!

I've bought my socks exclusively from them for years. Excellent customer service, and they only carry top quality.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 11:30 am
Sorry no opinion on sock brands, but I have tried condor, memoi and lands end. My daughter is a little sensory and for her it was hard to change between socks (short or long) and tights and then again back from tights to socks. So I make her just put it on and keep it on for a bit even though she is really irritated by it and then I try to distract her with something very fun. She gradually gets used to it and then it is time to switch back.
Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics