Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster PA with kids

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 10:17 am
I am planning a vacation to Lancaster, PA and I have a 2 and 4 yr old. We will be going to Dutch wonderland as the main attraction. Any ideas of other cheap, age appropriate things we can do in the area?

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 11:47 am
I don't remember the price-but Cherry Crest Farm is an excellent, wholesome place. They are only open some days of the week-so plan accordingly.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:27 pm
I second cherry crest farms we loved it- double check website to make sure they are open.

we also went to hershey parks chocolate factory which is free and we had such a great time!

but the next time (a few years later + more kids) we just stayed at dutch wonderland for 2 (which ends up being cheaper) days bc my kids had the best time!

LifesBliss

Post Fri, Aug 04 2017, 1:41 pm
Kreider Farm is fantastic for those ages.

Mothers

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 10:40 pm
Consider staying on a farm. We stayed at Verdant View Farm for the same (or not much more than a hotel). If you stay at their Little White House, you can get adjoining rooms (with a connecting bathroom) and use of kitchen, living room, etc. you can also use the picnic table and swing set in the backyard. Kids (and adults) can participate in farm chores (e.g. Milking cows, bottle feeding calves, collecting eggs, etc). It's a great experience in addition to whatever else you do in the area. (Make sure to let them know you won't be eating breakfast, and they'll reduce the price).

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 11:23 pm
Mothers wrote:
Consider staying on a farm. We stayed at Verdant View Farm for the same (or not much more than a hotel). If you stay at their Little White House, you can get adjoining rooms (with a connecting bathroom) and use of kitchen, living room, etc. you can also use the picnic table and swing set in the backyard. Kids (and adults) can participate in farm chores (e.g. Milking cows, bottle feeding calves, collecting eggs, etc). It's a great experience in addition to whatever else you do in the area. (Make sure to let them know you won't be eating breakfast, and they'll reduce the price).

What are the sleeping accommodations like? New, clean, private?

Mothers

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 11:28 pm
Accommodations were clean. Bedrooms were private. Kitchen and living room were not, however, we tended to be the only ones using them. We were also the only ones to use the yard, and they were fine with us grilling there, etc.

Mothers

Post Sat, Aug 05 2017, 11:30 pm
Btw - we have also stayed on a farm in the Catskills (with our children and grandchildren), and a great time was had by all. It's an amazing experience!

doctorima

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 10:50 am
You can take a train ride and/or buggy ride.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 5:08 pm
Mothers wrote:
Btw - we have also stayed on a farm in the Catskills (with our children and grandchildren), and a great time was had by all. It's an amazing experience!

Which farm?

momx6

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 5:27 pm
Kreider farm is amazing!

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
I second cherry crest farms we loved it- double check website to make sure they are open.

we also went to hershey parks chocolate factory which is free and we had such a great time!

but the next time (a few years later + more kids) we just stayed at dutch wonderland for 2 (which ends up being cheaper) days bc my kids had the best time!

I was looking at the hershey chocolate factoru website and I saw that there is an admission fee. Are there different parts of the chocolate factory?

Mothers

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 5:45 pm
amother wrote:
Which farm?

Applepond Farm (about 20 minutes from Liberty).

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 11:08 pm
Amy other suggestions for a 2 and 4 yr old. I am not the op but also goin to lancaster. Not doing Dutch wonderland. Thanks!!

momsrus

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 11:42 pm
Cherry crest farm!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 12:12 am
Any hotel recommendations for 3 adults (mom chiming along to help) and 3 kids
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics