Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Seeking Male Therapist in Antwerp

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:43 pm
I am looking for a good, experienced, licensed therapist or lifecoach in Antwerp who has experience with chassidishe boys, for my teenage son. If you have someone, please add how long and what kind of experience you have
Thank you

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 12:54 pm
If you live in antwerp you can find one though vagga or your kinder Dr.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 2:58 pm
Unfortunately Antwerp is pretty behind when it comes to (jewish) mental health issues. I've been there. There's a male licenced psycologyst by the name of Ahrele Lerch, but I have no experience with him.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 3:20 pm
There was a similar post a few months ago.
Whatever it is make sure that they are lisenced. It's more important that the person knows how to deal with your son's problem then having a chasidish person. Of course the person should support your hashkafas but you dont davka need a chasidish therapist if there isn't one available.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 3:28 pm
I went through gehinom trying to find a licenced professional to help with a chassidish yungerman. I wasn't looking for chassidish, just jewish, licenced who had an understanding of our hashkofos and way of life. No dice. He had to go look elsewhere. I'm sorry I sound so negative OP, I would love to help you. But Antwerp needs some very serious help in this area.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
I went through gehinom trying to find a licenced professional to help with a chassidish yungerman. I wasn't looking for chassidish, just jewish, licenced who had an understanding of our hashkofos and way of life. No dice. He had to go look elsewhere. I'm sorry I sound so negative OP, I would love to help you. But Antwerp needs some very serious help in this area.

I dont need him to be chassidish or particularly frum. Not a psychiatrist either. A therapist or a coach. I just neeed him to have experience and understanding for a chassidishe boy of 17.

Thank you

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:03 pm
Maybe ask ruti stern. She is a coach maybe she can refer you or ask Dr gutfreund. Or antwerp bikor chulim

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:42 pm
Mr. Ziskind is a life-coach. he's a supervisor at our coaching course and he is fantastic.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
Mr. Ziskind is a life-coach. he's a supervisor at our coaching course and he is fantastic.

argree

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:45 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
argree

I agree too! I thnk he is amazing. But my son went to him but they didnt click. For some reason my son didnt feel like he could open up to him Sad(

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:51 pm
I had very good experience with ahrele lerch. Why not try him?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 5:07 pm
I also had an amazing experience with arele lerch.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:
I also had an amazing experience with arele lerch.

Thank you! Did you both have personal experience? Or with a teenage boy? Any contact info?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 12:59 am
+32 484 69 05 44
Was for my husband.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 4:03 am
amother wrote:
Thank you! Did you both have personal experience? Or with a teenage boy? Any contact info?

I used him for myself but I know someone who sent a teenage boy there as well. The boy clicked with him and liked going .

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 8:41 pm
I didn't mean a not religious person. I meant to say a person who is good in the field. Rather a licensed. My uncle was touched physically by a heimishe therapist who was non lisenced. (Don't worry he is not on our side of the ocean.)
My point was he should be lisenced so he would be scared to hurt anyone. That's all.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 8:42 pm
Aaron Lerch is supposed to be very good. He is heimishe and worked in Viznitz cheder so he looks to be like a nice guy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children