Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Basar vchalav vparev question please help

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 4:43 am
I cooked parev pasta in my milk pot which had not been used for 24 hours.

I drained it into a parev colander over my meat sink. There was another parev pot waiting in the sink for me to wash it.

(why on earth did I do this? Well I am very tired and quite stressed. As I was doing it in thinking- this is not quite right-,but anyway...)

So clearly the pasta itself is fine.

What is the status of everything else?

Pretty sure there was NO hot water in the meat sink in the last 24 hours either, which should help things.

I feel like because everything was actually parev and nothing had been used for 24 hours and there wa parev stuff between the milk pot and the meat simk everything should be ok.

Am I right? Please don't say AYLOR, just give me an answer if you have had this before, or are married to a LOR or something like that.

Tizku lmitzvot.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 10:47 am
Everything is fine; pasta, sink, pots and colander.

lora

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:01 am
everything is fine, you should confirm with whoever you ask these things to be sure.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:06 am
According to "The Kosher Kitchen" book it's all fine.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 11:43 pm
It kinda just feels like everything is fine, but I'm going to borrow that book from someone and give myself a big review of ben yomo & Nat bar Nat, so that I understand WHY it's ok, before I use any of it. Then if I'm not sure I can ask.

Not EVERY question needs to go to a Rav, eg if I stick a parev spoon in a meat pot I know w/o asking that nothing is treif and I can kasher the spoon back to parev if I want to.

(side point. The pot that was sitting in the sink (there was in fact only one) has been hanging around in and out of the sink soaking for over a week because I burned something and it's stuck in the bottom and I can't get it clean. So I Wonder if it was me subconsciously trying to treif it up so I can find an excuse to throw it away lol?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen