Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Side Dish on the Grill

pause

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:43 am
Need ideas for side dishes that get ready fast on the grill. I'm doing chicken cutlets/strips, corn on the cob, and I'd like to make one more fast easy food to round out the supper.

emzod42

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:56 am
grillled vegetables? You can make kabobs on sticks or use foil/a grill pan if they're small pieces. I use mushrooms, red onion, peppers, zucchini, and eggplant. If you do kabobs I would put the same vegetable on the whole stick (not as pretty, but will cook more evenly). Marinate in a vinaigrette dressing like Italian dressing and grill.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 9:59 am
Grilled veggies.
Our favorites: portobello mushrooms, zucchini, peppers.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:16 pm
Slice zucchini thin, lengthwise so they're not small pieces that fall through the grates. Season and grill for a few minutes on each side.

Scrub and pierce potatoes. Wrap each one separately in foil. Place on grill set to low. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until tender, about 45 minutes. Serve with crushed garlic/salt/parsley seasoned Smart Balance.

pause

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Slice zucchini thin, lengthwise so they're not small pieces that fall through the grates. Season and grill for a few minutes on each side.

Scrub and pierce potatoes. Wrap each one separately in foil. Place on grill set go loe. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until tender, about 45 minutes. Serve with crushed garlic/salt/parsley seasoned Smart Balance.

It's not a gas grill. Can I still do the potatoes?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 12:18 pm
pause wrote:
It's not a gas grill. Can I still do the potatoes?

Find a spot on the charcoal grill where the fire isn't too direct. And check the potatoes/turn as they cook.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes