Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Intuitive eating
  Previous  1  2  3  17  18  19

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 4:04 pm
I just listened to this podcast by a nutritionist on IE and Emotions-really good:

http://www.seven-health.com/20.....ting/

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 4:11 am
Were approaching a three day Shabbos/Yom Tov and Im desperately looking for some diet advice and advice on healthy snacks to prepare or Ill be stuffing my face with chocolate and cake, etc.

Can someone summarize the book and what works, (because I cant read the book or 19 pages of posts before Yom Tov)?

TIA

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 4:48 am
amother wrote:
Were approaching a three day Shabbos/Yom Tov and Im desperately looking for some diet advice and advice on healthy snacks to prepare or Ill be stuffing my face with chocolate and cake, etc.

Can someone summarize the book and what works, (because I cant read the book or 19 pages of posts before Yom Tov)?

TIA

It really can't be summarized. You've gotta read it (immerse yourself in the concept) to be able to understand it.
Even I, with a background in nutrition, had a hard time with this book... It's very very VERY hard to just do away with all the diet mentality, and to tune into your natural self.
If you're looking to keep healthy on shavuos, I'd suggest more traditional methods such as only allowing yourself to snack on veggies with lowfat dip (prepare them in advance so they're easy to access), only drinking water, taking a daily walk or 2. At the night meals, eat very little other than salad/soup. (Take a tiny taste of the other dishes if you want.) I suggest 1 sheet (kezayis) of matzah instead of challah, because if you're eating matzah you'll be less tempted to overindulge Wink

Also, try to eat a healthy breakfast (Greek yogurt and fruit, an egg on Yom tov...).

These are all tips that have helped me maintain my weight over yom tov.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 5:17 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I'd suggest more traditional methods such as only allowing yourself to snack on veggies with lowfat dip

Thanks.

Im worried about mid-meal un-healthy snacks that I get a strong urge for, no matter how healthy I eat at meals.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 09 2016, 5:18 am
[quote="amother"]Thanks.

Im worried about mid-meal un-healthy snacks that I get a strong urge for, no matter how healthy I eat at meals.[/quote

Let yourself have a small taste. Eat slowly to savor that taste.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jun 14 2016, 4:51 pm
I was reading the first page of this thread just now., it's from back in 2013.

did any of these women read this book adn implement it into your daily life?
is it as good as you originally thought?

namely ima singer and FF?

and the op as well?

so curious! I feel like a tub after this 3 day yom tov! so out of control! and embarrased!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 21 2016, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
I was reading the first page of this thread just now., it's from back in 2013.

did any of these women read this book adn implement it into your daily life?
is it as good as you originally thought?

namely ima singer and FF?

and the op as well?

so curious! I feel like a tub after this 3 day yom tov! so out of control! and embarrased!

Yes and yes. It's a habit that needs to be developed. It took me over a year to actually get used to it, and not to say I don't have any issues with food anymore, but food is nearly a non-issue for me nowadays. But you really have to trust the method and give it time, and don't give up.

besty

Post Tue, Jun 28 2016, 6:28 pm
amazing! amazing thread read most of the pages exactly what I neeed............

im an emotional eater par excellence I eat for boredum,anger,upset. I eat as a hobby. I eat cuz I ate.

this ie gave me such inspiration will start implenting all techniques I learnt from this thread hopefull it will help me

it feels good to eat what im in the mood of in the right way when im hungry and actually take care of my body and not stuff it to the core cuz the ice cream or potato chips will run away if I dont finish it.

have a question to all of thos who work I usually prepare food a night before or that morning and take a long and feel like I have to finish everything during the day and if I go to the grocery to get a coffee I often binge on foods I get into the mood any tips how to stop that

any other tips I cud work on? I did not read any books yet which book should I order?

will this way work if I want to loose 15 pounds? although I anways want to work on this way of eating to change my habits but was wondering if it cud work to loose weight to

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 1:18 pm
This is a great interview with Evelyn Tribole from the book Intuitive Eating enjoy!

http://www.seven-health.com/20.....bole/

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 1:48 pm
These are some more podcasts.
These 2 are interviewing different intuitive eating coaches, The first one is in Brooklyn, NY.

Episode 061: Welcome back to Real Health Radio. On this week’s show I interview Christy Harrison. Christy is a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified intuitive eating counselor based in Brooklyn, NY. She offers online intuitive eating courses and individual nutrition therapy to help people make peace with food and their bodies.

Christy began her career as a journalist in 2003, and has written for and edited major publications including Gourmet, The Food Network, Slate, BuzzFeed, Modernist Cuisine, AllRecipes, and many others.

As an expert on nutrition and people’s relationships with food, she has been quoted in top media outlets including Refinery29, Health, Men’s Fitness, Bon Appetit, The Observer, and more. She currently writes Refinery29’s nutrition advice column, “How to Eat,” and hosts Food Psych, a podcast that explores intuitive eating, Health at Every Size, and body positivity.

http://www.seven-health.com/20.....ison/

Episode 055: Welcome to another installment of Real Health Radio. Today I’m speaking to Lu Uhrich. Lu is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach and Body Image Mentor who specializes in helping women to overcome their struggles with yo-yo dieting, food restriction, binge eating, shame, body hate and other unwanted mindsets and behaviors. Through her one-on-one coaching program and online courses, she guides clients to end the exhausting hustle for food and body perfection by finding out who they really are, what they truly want, and how to finally get it. You can find more information at her site www.lueats.com.

http://www.seven-health.com/20.....rich/

This one is about Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating.

Episode 054: Today’s episode of Real Health Radio is all about disordered eating and eating disorders. Clients with issues around food make up a large part of my practice and they are something I’ve been helping women deal with for a number of years. As part of the show we look at the difference between an eating disorder versus disordered eating, why they happen (and it’s not always about managing someone’s weight), how they are passed on from generation to generation, as well as lots of ideas and suggestions to help someone think about their struggles differently and overcome their issues.

This one is on overcoming emotional eating.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 6:54 pm
josie spinardi said she is in the process of making an emotional eating solution. anyone heard about it?
she said send a blank email and she will respond...

ludicrous

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 2:44 am
in the book Josie spinardi says that she possibly plans on coming out with another book that focuses on emotional eating. she posted a special email adress to be notified when she comes out with the book, but I never got a response.
there isn't any way to contact her on her website either...
does anyone know anything about it?

rena

Post Sat, Oct 14 2017, 12:37 pm
ludicrous wrote:
in the book Josie spinardi says that she possibly plans on coming out with another book that focuses on emotional eating. she posted a special email adress to be notified when she comes out with the book, but I never got a response.
there isn't any way to contact her on her website either...
does anyone know anything about it?

I'm not a big fan of her work as she has turned the brilliant concept of intuitive eating into another diet... There are many other books that are more in line with it that I'd recommend.

ludicrous

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:26 am
rena wrote:
I'm not a big fan of her work as she has turned the brilliant concept of intuitive eating into another diet... There are many other books that are more in line with it that I'd recommend.

what books would you recommend?

rena

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:57 am
ludicrous wrote:
what books would you recommend?

Firstly the original Intuitive Eating book by the original authors Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, 3rd edition published in 2012.
Their workbook which was published earlier this year is fantastic.
The Mindfulness Based Eating Solution is great.
Savvy Girl A Guide To Eating is also great.
Page 19 of 19   Previous  1  2  3  17  18  19 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise