Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva ( boys high school ) in Passaic or near

eight

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:09 pm
What are the three main yeshiva ( boys high school ) I'm Passaic

And near Passaic . Although I am interested in info Of them all , I am looking for a strong kodesh and chol

doctorima

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:22 pm
From right to left, Mesivta of Passaic (Rabbi Rubin), Rabbi Eider's (I believe it's in Rabbi Davis's shul), and Mesivta of Clifton.

momtra

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:24 pm
There is also Heichal Hatorah in Teaneck. Lots of Passaic boys go there.

eight

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 1:27 pm
Which one of three has a good kodesh and chol

eight

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 3:16 pm
Heichal hatorah in Teaneck - what's the focus . Looking for something that is not dorming rather commute to and from daily with a good kodesh and chol

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 3:58 pm
There's also Ohavei in Riverdale. And then there are the schools people board at during the week. Yesodei Yeshurun in Queens has the best for very good quality of both chol and kodesh. Both these schools get boys from all three Passaic lower schools. Boys board at Shaar HaTorah in Queens too; it has great kodesh and good chol, and the boys there are motivated for the chol and go on to have various careers.

More boys go to school outside Passaic than in it. The schools in Passaic are less known for their chol.

doctorima

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 7:12 pm
Different people have different definitions of "good kodesh" and "good chol." Perhaps if you could give us some more information about where you see your son going after finishing high school, that would help us point you in the right direction. If chol is really important to you along with staying in Passaic, your best bet is probably Mesivta of Clifton.

eight

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 7:27 pm
we value secular education and want our kids to be skilled enough in both kodesh and chol. And so by the time they are 18 they can describe to further their kodesh or chol - doctor , dentist , lawyer , eduction etc .

Does mesivta of clifton enable this to happen? What about Yesodai haotorah in Teaneck

doctorima

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 8:15 pm
If you want your children to become doctors, dentists, or lawyers, or at least receive a secular education that's naturally conducive to doing so, it will certainly come at some expense with respect to the kodesh education. It can still be a decent and acceptable kodesh education; it just won't be in the same league as a place like Mesivta of Passaic.

Of the three Passaic schools, Mesivta of Clifton would be your best bet, but I don't know enough about the secular studies there to say if it would meet your standards. I believe Ohavei in Riverdale, to which there are Passaic boys who commute, may be your best bet for a non-dorm situation.

eight

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:11 pm
Anyone know info on Yesodai hatorah Teaneck ?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 4:35 am
I don't know about all schools but a relative of mine was in Clifton the last 2 years. IT IS AN AWFUL AWFUL SCHOOL. He was completely bullied and the school is a nightmare to deal with. Bh he is out (he has been home since pesach and is looking to somewhere for next year) The administration has zero zero clue how to run the place. Save ur son please and don't send him there. You will regret it.

eight

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 5:14 am
You mean mesivta of clifton ?

eight

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 5:15 am
Still looking for info on Yesodai hatorah Teaneck ?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jun 11 2017, 8:16 am
[quote="eight"]You mean mesivta of clifton ?[/quofte]

The high school in cloftom. I believe it's that one

FaygieofLA

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:40 am
eight wrote:
Still looking for info on Yesodai hatorah Teaneck ?

Did you mean Heichal HaTorah?

www.heichalhatorah.org
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics