Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Board of Ed -NJ

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 6:33 pm
Can someone please explain to me how the Board of Ed in NJ works? Im a speech therapist looking for a job in nj schools. I don't understand the system......

Is it divided by county or state wide?
Where do you go about applying?
Will they accept me if I live in NY?
Can you request to work in certain schools/location? (I need something near nyc)
Is it difficult to get a job?
If I want to work in a private school do I need to go through the board of Ed as well?

Thanks in advance!!

FaygieofLA

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 6:48 pm
You may want to reach out to: http://www.kidclanservices.com/

My friend lives in Passaic and they do a lot of work in that area. Employs lots of people.

emzod42

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 6:48 pm
It's not one system. There is a state department of education that oversees things like certification, but most towns and some counties have their own school districts. You can look for jobs on this site, where many districts advertise jobs: https://k12jobspot.com (look under NJ). This is for public--private schools have their own systems and requirements. I'm not sure about specifics for speech therapy since that isn't my field.

climbing613

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 9:44 pm
You can work for an agency and provide services in NJ , but you can't work directly for the BOE in NJ if you live in NY. NJ has a law about only hiring residents for govt jobs.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 5:44 pm
Thanks for all the information!

Anyone know of names of speech therapy agencies in the Teaneck, North Bergen, Englewood, Hackensack area?

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:26 pm
Bump

Anyone know of speech agencies in nj??

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:48 pm
Like someone posted there is kid clan in Clifton, they contract with the board of Ed and provide them with therapists. I believe you would be an independent contractor - you're not working for the BOE so no benefits and you only get paid if the kid shows up at school. I am a therapist, and from what I understand the BOE of NY is much better to work for, but I don't work in school system so it's better to ask someone who does. Are you looking specifically for school based? I can tell you names of agencies for EI

amother
White

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 5:56 am
Hill mar, therapy source
Kid Clan (as was mentioned
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics