Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Freelance Graphic Designer

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:02 pm
What site would you recommend to find freelance design opportunities?

Each time I do a Google search, I come across another freelance site Rolling Eyes

tigerwife

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:09 pm
amother wrote:
What site would you recommend to find freelance design opportunities?

Each time I do a Google search, I come across another freelance site Rolling Eyes

I would suggest you create a social media page for your business. Start by posting several of your portfolio projects. Make sure your contact information is clearly seen in your profile. Actively network by commenting on other people's pages and following people with a similar business to your own.

I found Instagram to be a helpful tool in garnering freelance work. Many people have been successful with LinkedIn as well.

I found that the websites that commission freelance jobs did not pay well at all.

Good luck!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 11:59 am
tigerwife wrote:
I would suggest you create a social media page for your business. Start by posting several of your portfolio projects. Make sure your contact information is clearly seen in your profile. Actively network by commenting on other people's pages and following people with a similar business to your own.

I found Instagram to be a helpful tool in garnering freelance work. Many people have been successful with LinkedIn as well.

I found that the websites that commission freelance jobs did not pay well at all.

Good luck!

That would be great, that's what I am aiming for. However I worked for few years for a design agency and they don't let me show my work. So I need to start from the beginning with no portfolio to show.

I'm looking for freelance opportunities to build my portfolio. Any ideas?

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Aug 12 2016, 12:54 am
would you be open to taking on clients at a greatly reduced rate in exchange for having work to show in your portfolio?

I can't pay full prices at this point (my husband is unemployed and I only work part time), but I'd be looking for some flyers and social media square shareables and potentially a new website banner.

pm me and we can chat about it probably on monday as Shabbos is coming and sunday is Tisha B'av so I'm out of time for chatting till monday. Smile

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 3:04 am
amother wrote:
That would be great, that's what I am aiming for. However I worked for few years for a design agency and they don't let me show my work. So I need to start from the beginning with no portfolio to show.

I'm looking for freelance opportunities to build my portfolio. Any ideas?

That's unreasonable. You need something for your portfolio. How can they tell you that you can't show your work? You need a portfolio to advance professionally in this field. What do they expect you to do, not work in the field of graphic design anymore now that you're not working for them?

I researched, and this link was interesting: https://graphicartistsguild.or.....ement

ETA: oops, I see this is from a year ago...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics