Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family vacation in Baltimore?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 11:29 pm
We were thinking of taking a short family vacation to the Baltimore area. We've never been and there's kosher food, etc. kids are all 10 and under, any suggestions of what to do there? We've heard there's a nice aquarium, anyone have anything to add? Thanks!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 3:08 am
I can't think at this hour but if you're in FB we have a nice group of things to do and I can add you.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:51 am
I'm not on facebook 🙁. Anything anyone can share here please? Thanks

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:59 am
Are you considering Washington DC? It's not too far if you avoid rush hour times.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:10 am
Lots of fun things to do in the area. Off the top of my head, kiddie crusoe, bucker (spelling?) farm Apple picking (there's really cute petting zoo with free roaming animals at the farm), Baltimore zoo (very nice zoo, lots of animals, short drive), Washington zoo (bigger and free), fort discovery science center.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:13 am
I would recommend Port Discovery Children's Museum (down town)

In baltimore there are jumping places (sky-zone, Zavazone, rockin-jump), ice-skating rinks, parks, boating, laser tag, bounce places....

if you want more info. about places to eat I would be happy to share

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 22 2017, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

doctorima

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 9:37 am
The children's museum and science museum are both excellent. There's also Fort McHenry in the area, along with the aquarium (expensive). There's also a zoo, and DC attractions are mostly free and not too far away.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 12:03 pm
Port Discovery (childrens museum)
Fort McHenry (war of 1812 historic site)
MD Science Center
boat ride on inner Harbor
B&O railway musuem

About 30 minutes away (probably less) on the 83 is Hunt Valley Village. Check the hours, but my friends have gone river tubing there. http://www.huntvalleyvillage.c......html

Gunpowder Falls State Park has a nice tire park thats fun for kids.

lots of fun museums in Washington: Air and Space Museum is great, and the other one in Chantilly VA is so much fun, with a lot of historical pieces (the Enola Gay, etc...)
My kids like the Natural History Museum in DC

Personally, I think the Baltimore Zoo is a big thumbs down. Washington Zoo is much nicer.

Where are you travelling from? It might be worthwhile to take a detour to the Herr's potato chip factory in PA.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 10:22 pm
Wow thanks for all the help!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 7:25 pm
Where can I stay with my family in Baltimore for one night. I'm going with kids

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 8:04 pm
Baltimore has hundreds of hotels, not to mention AirBNB and VRBO options. What exactly are you looking for, and what's your budget?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 8:59 pm
doctorima wrote:
Baltimore has hundreds of hotels, not to mention AirBNB and VRBO options. What exactly are you looking for, and what's your budget?

I need something to accommodate 2 adults and 9 children Kah. My budget is approximately 150. Do you know anybody who would rent out their basement?

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 10:00 pm
That's going to be quite challenging. Hotels are out, since you would need 3 rooms, and a hotel with rooms for under $50 a night is not a place I'd feel comfortable staying. You could try AirBNB or VRBO and see if you could find a house in that range, although I'd be quite surprised.

I don't know who would rent out their basement to a stranger - I certainly wouldn't - and I also don't see how a basement will help you when you need 11 beds. I don't know anyone with 11 beds in their basement; most people don't have that many in their entire house! I don't think your expectations are very realistic.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 10:09 pm
doctorima wrote:
That's going to be quite challenging. Hotels are out, since you would need 3 rooms, and a hotel with rooms for under $50 a night is not a place I'd feel comfortable staying. You could try AirBNB or VRBO and see if you could find a house in that range, although I'd be quite surprised.

I don't know who would rent out their basement to a stranger - I certainly wouldn't - and I also don't see how a basement will help you when you need 11 beds. I don't know anyone with 11 beds in their basement; most people don't have that many in their entire house! I don't think your expectations are very realistic.

I don't need 11 beds. The 3 youngest can use pack n play and kids can share beds for one night

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 10:20 pm
Yes, I have to agree that it will be hard to find accommodations for that price. Why don't you see what you can find on air bnb or vrbo and let us know location. We can tell you whether its a safe area, accessible to frum community, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics