Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Help pick sheitel up to 2k. Totally lost with all choices!

climbing613

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:34 am

Last edited by climbing613 on Mon, Jan 15 2018, 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

twogees

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 1:56 am
Look into Kiki also. Heard they are supposed to be really good quality...

dina22

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 2:44 am
If u look for a sale u may be able to get an Irene dolce and a Miri- both great wigs

jewwoman

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 5:07 am
You should get 2 irene dolces for upto 2k. I spent less than 1k on my irene abt 2yrs ago...unless they've gone up in price...hmm

frumPA

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:39 am
I recently bought a bella and love it! Dont knoe what style tou are looking for. I bought a wavy air dry shaitel and love it. They have alot of volume so if you like that look. I bought at a sale was $1275 I think. I had to pay extra for dying. Was alot longer than shoulder length so your length woukd be much cheaper

cnc

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:45 am
frumPA wrote:
I recently bought a bella and love it! Dont knoe what style tou are looking for. I bought a wavy air dry shaitel and love it. They have alot of volume so if you like that look. I bought at a sale was $1275 I think. I had to pay extra for dying. Was alot longer than shoulder length so your length woukd be much cheaper

Another vote for Bella

Maryann

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:58 am
frumPA wrote:

That's exactly what I am looking for! Where did you buy it?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 10:59 am
twogees wrote:
Look into Kiki also. Heard they are supposed to be really good quality...

I had two Kikis that lasted me about 10 years each. I think when I bought them they were 16 inch that I cut a little to about 14 inch. I was very happy with them and would buy again. They were about $1600 but that was 10 years ago....same color range as you. I bought them from Miriam Rosenberg in Lakewood.

frumPA

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:00 pm
I bought from Nissi in boro park. She had a sale so I went. It was before shavuos. She did a great job and am really happy.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:02 pm
I have had a kiki since I got married 7 years ago and it has held up amazingly well.

mommmmmmmmmmy

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:04 pm
Everyone I know(flatbush crowd)is buying irenes. Even die hard shevy ppl

tigerwife

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:51 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I have had a kiki since I got married 7 years ago and it has held up amazingly well.

Interesting. When I was shopping for wigs 4-5 years ago, my sheitelmacher wanted to sell me one for almost $3,000!

OP, if you are an easy color, I would suggest waiting for a Sheitel sale. I've gotten amazing deals, literally saving $1,000 on one.

frumPA

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 12:59 pm
I got the Bella on sale. It was still great deal even though I needed to put in red highlights. But if u dont even better!

max

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 4:35 pm
Would you consider a Clary? Hair quality great looks very natural long lasting and even though it is more than 3 years old still gets compliments. I have several falls from her as well and many people are surprised when they find out I am covering my hair

hotmom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 4:36 pm
I love my miri's supreme, paid $1200. I have a Bella for $1100. Both great.

MomInTraining

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 1:34 am
Check out this awesome website for shaitel reviews! Hope it helps you! Good Luck http://shaytell.com/

PS What Ive seen for myself and btwn my friends that shaitel is ultimately a mazel....you can settle for top brand and receive a lemon(yep I had that!!)...you can take a cheaper brand and get a good piece that will give you lots of use.(my friend had that!! she took one cheap brand wig and it was an awesome piece, peoplealways stopped her to ask what shes wearing an were pleasantly shocked)
May you have good mazal and get a great wig so that you can be beautiful for your husband (and yourself ofc!!)

climbing613

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 2:31 am
Thank you! So I definitely have some ideas... If I did get a sheitel at a sale, does the sheitelmacher tend to stand behind it still?
Do you know of any sales coming up? Bella, Irene, Miri...? Kiki sounds great but probably way too much for me...
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels