Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Please help me with wallpaper colors!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 4:33 am
Our apartment needs to be renovated. We would like to redo walls in most rooms. They are currently an ugly peachy color in the living room and fuchsia pink in bedrooms (I kid you not. The previous owners only had girls). I used to not care but now these walls get to me.

I personally like clean lines and cool light colors. I like Scandinavian design. It is important to mention that we have low ceilings, so I hope a new wall color or wallpaper design will make the room appear more spacious.
We are not redoing the floors though and they are a warm honey color, like in this picture

So I would love some suggestions what shades would not clash with the floor and still meet my other criteria

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:10 am
[quote="amother"]Our apartment needs to be renovated. We would like to redo walls in most rooms. They are currently an ugly peachy color in the living room and fuchsia pink in bedrooms (I kid you not. The previous owners only had girls). I used to not care but now these walls get to me.

I personally like clean lines and cool light colors. I like Scandinavian design. It is important to mention that we have low ceilings, so I hope a new wall color or wallpaper design will make the room appear more spacious.
We are not redoing the floors though and they are a warm honey color, like in this picture

So I would love some suggestions what shades would not clash with the floor and still meet my other criteria [img]http://I.imgur.com/cCrERI2.jpg[/

http://I.imgur.com/d9PCQyP.jpg

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 8:11 am
I would assume that paint gives a much cleaner look -you said you like clean lines. And cheaper and easier, and you can do any color to your taste. I'm not an expert, but I think most colors go with wood floors.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 12:02 pm
amother wrote:
Our apartment needs to be renovated. We would like to redo walls in most rooms. They are currently an ugly peachy color in the living room and fuchsia pink in bedrooms (I kid you not. The previous owners only had girls). I used to not care but now these walls get to me.

So I would love some suggestions what shades would not clash with the floor and still meet my other criteria

Your walls don't have to match your wood floor. They should match your furniture and other decor (bed linens, curtains, etc.)

For clean, neat look, do paint, not wallpaper. Go with a light color. Dark colors close in a space. Very popular light colors are (Benjamin Moore) Revere Pewter (gray), Edgecomb Gray (greige), manchester tan (taupe). Linen white is a nice off-white, creamy white. In my old house all the walls were linen white. In my new house we did edgecomb gray in the main living areas and a light gray (I forgot the name) in the bedrooms.

Your moldings you should do white. I used (Benj Moore) dove white

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 4:11 pm
Thank you all!
Of course my walls shouldnt exactly match the floor, I mean in the undertone. May colors shown, while being otherwise my favorites, would clash with a warm rich wood color. I really wish we could do a grayer cooler wood floor but we have what we have.

I am thinking something light and clear but warmish, buttercream (Creme Fraiche in Benjamin Moore)? And the accent wall is Serenata.

What do you think?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics