Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel trip

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Aug 15 2017, 3:41 pm
]I am planning a trip to israel with my husband and have not gone in a while. I want to make this the best trip and needed some help.
1. We want to go to bnei brak. Does Reb chaim have specific hours to see people? Does it cost anything? I had heard something about his daughter doing hafrashas challah for women. Does anyone know anything about this?
2. Any great mehadrin restaurants?
3. What is the best place to buy a leichter? Bechers? Yarmulkas?
Thanks!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 12:11 pm
Bump

doctorima

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 12:28 pm
I don't know B'nei B'rak very well, but since nobody else is responding ... Rav Chaim definitely has set hours. There's a gabbai that you can try to reach to make an appointment since you're coming from chutz l'aretz, but unless you know somebody with pull, it can be very tough. He davens vasikin every morning at the Lederman shul next to his house, as well as the earliest mincha there. You can definitely go to those minyanim to see him. After mincha I believe he has public hours, but again, only for those with appointments. For lunch, we just found a random pizza place there, which worked for the kids. Didn't do any Judaica shopping, sorry.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 6:12 pm
In bb itself there's no great restaurants!
In petach tikva there is2 mehadrin cafe cafe. (Milky restaurant -pastas fish pizza salads etc)
Actually
Can't believe I forgot abt this place PIZZALEH my all time favourite place to eat. It's. A pizza shop but with such a big menu. All types of food. And all so so good!! It's not fancy at all but just good food! It's on rechov jabotinSky.
If you want a nice upscale meaty restaurant there's one called lechem basar on the tayelet in tel Aviv.
Re judaica stores for real nice silver stuff harzorfim on rabbi akiva.
I just re read your post and not sure if you meant all those things u wanted just in bb or all over israel!
I can tell you more good restaurants not in bb as well!

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 6:39 pm
Thanks so much! I'll take names of restaurants any where in israel!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:56 pm
In jerus- waffle bar. (Milky amazing salads and of course waffles!!)
Yishtabach - meaty sambousaks good for when your hungry but not starving and want meaty!
Cafe rimon/ rimonim they have meAty and milky. It's just. A good all round meaty restaurant
Tel aviv
2c my all time favourite place. Expensive / fancy delish!!! On top of azrielli tower great views.
Burgers bar. (BB- not BBB!) they have them all over israel google it for closest location. A great meaty fast food place the meat cigars r yummmm
Meatos (tlv) quite expensive meaty restaurant great food especially their appetisers!!!
If you go up to tzfas :
Ahreles - I have never been but heard amazing things abt it. (Meaty)
Art cafe - milky. Pizza there is good afaik
Then there's papagayo they have in herzilia and jerus as well it's an all u can eat meaty restaurant so go when you're hungry!! They also have the normal menu option!

Another nice place to go if you're in tel aviv chof tzfoni they have a bar on the beach the food isn't kosher but the drinks are fine to have cocktails soft drinks etc if you want a romantic night out.

If I remember more will type up more.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 11:29 am
In Mea Shearim, Hatzorfim always has several specials and the most stunning sterling available at the fairest price- NOTE: I did NOT say Cheap...

Farther into Meah Shearim, on the same side of the street is a small store called something like Dream Gift and it is floor to ceiling, wall to wall leather siddurim, machzorim, benchers in every style and color imaginable and they put names on it as well.

Cafe Paris in Rehavia is a wonderful dairy restaurant with incredible salads etc.

Big Apple Pizza is a great option for a cheap lunch on the run and amazing pizza- This is off of Ben Yehuda.

My absolute favorite is the Breakfast Buffet at Cafe Rimon in Mamilla on Friday mornings only- RUN to this one if you are a true foodie.

Wishing you an amazing trip!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics