Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Chabad boys hs- pittsburgh

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 8:36 am
can anyone give me info on the chabad boys hs in pittsburgh, What is te school like? what are the boys like? academics? do they play sports.....

flmommy

Post Sun, Feb 21 2016, 11:29 am
I've heard very good things. Boys learn Jewish and secular studies which is not so common for a Chabad school. Yes they play sports. Only bad thing is I don't think they have a dorm. I heard they need to board. Not sure if you live in Pittsburgh or not.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 8:34 pm
Bumping this up because I have similar questions to OP. Anyone live in Pittsburgh or have first hand knowledge of the HS? I was told the school is working on a dorm. Anyone know how soon this is happening?

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 11:00 pm
I live in Pittsburgh. While I don't have highschool aged boys, I do know a little about the highschool. It's wonderful. Lots of new out of town boys joined this year due to the opening of the dorm, as well as a new young assistant principal that is excellent.
They learn Hebrew and English, boys get a Hight school diploma. They definitely play sports, not competitively. They do extra curricular activities as well.
I recommend calling Rabbi Rosenfeld and ask all of your questions directly. He would be able to answer all of them for you.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 11:16 pm
Thank you amother Mustard I have a call and an email in but was too excited to wait. Thanks for the info. Excellent to know that dorm opened already. Thank you!!

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 5:02 pm
Anyone have more info? Do the boys learn at night? Sunday? Trying to get an idea of how rigorous the academics are.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 10:01 pm
The high school is great! They do learn evenings and Sunday's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children