Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Tell me everything about a Facial

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 1:16 am
I would like to have a facial done for a close Simcha but have never had one done before.
Please tell me everything.
Specifically;
A. how long before the Simcha do I schedule it for? As I see that face can be red the same day or blotches can come out later. So how long before would be best?
B. What is the typical price range and do I need to tip?
C. Any place in Boro Park/ Flatbush area that you would recommend?
D. Any other info about the process etc.
Thank you!

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 1:44 am
Have you ever had one before? I think there are different kinds, but the kind I had (I forgot what it's called... they popped and cleaned out all my zits) was very painful. It did clear up my skin for a little bit but I never did it again. This isn't to scare you out of going, but it's just something I wish someone had told me before I went for my facial. Mazal tov on your Simcha!!!

Adela

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:41 pm
Hi OP here. Thank you amother Kiwi.

Can anyone else please chime in?

Thanks

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:19 am
My only advice is that you have to be very careful who you go to. From what I've heard, it is the sort of thing that can cause damage to someone's skin if the professional doesn't know what they're doing. Sorry I don't know anyone in that area to reference.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 12:39 am
I have acne and horrible blkac n white heads. Struggled for yrs . I was referred by friends. I traveled all the way from Monroe into Flatbush . The drive was so worth it. Theyre a family owned bysiness in their basment, Russiand. Use natural products they make in house. By the time u leave ur face looks calm from the natural calming stuff... tbe3y really take care of u.. and u can buy and should continue using their own masks n creams.. pheniminal experience Edith in Sheapshead Bay/Flatbush 718-646-6831

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 12:37 pm
Facials can be wonderful. I only go to licensed estheticians because they know how to extract blackheads without leaving scars. A proper facial should start with a thorough examination of your skin under bright light by the person doing the facial and recommendations for what needs to be done. Beware of anyone who immediately tries to sell you add on services.

You should then have a deep cleansing of the face, neck, and upper chest area. Hopefully this will also be a massage of those areas.Then a steaming (NOT a hot washcloth; it should be with a machine directed at your face) to loosen pores.

Then extractions, waxing (this could be an extra and is well worth it) of upper lip and eyebrows.

Finally, a mask that is custom selected for your skin type, not " that's what we do here."

When all is done, your face should be immediately glowing. You may be given samples of the products used but do not at all feel that you have to buy anything immediately! See how your face is during the next few days.

There is also something I have had called a hydrofacial which cleans out pores well too.

Now, you will ask where I go. To Lisa in Bella Sante Spa in Lexington, MA, a suburb of Boston. I have also gone to Elizabeth Arden in New York which is fine.

HTH Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics