Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Shabbos is in 2 hours and its like Tuesday morning in my hom
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 1:41 am
amother wrote:
OP, it sounds like you could use some help regulating your life. Perhaps reach out for some IRL help.

Thank you.
I went to a third psychiatrist 3 weeks ago. I was convinced I'll finally walk out with meds. Didnt turn out that way.
Im in therapy.
Enjoy your week and your natural tendencies of organization and abilities of executive function.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much for the encouragement.
My big sons do need thier suits tho...

Pots are cooking bh
Im not making kugel.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, and I know it's moot but ftr I keep a bag of frozen potato cubes (southern hash potatoes, I think it's called, but minimal seasoning) and put it under any chicken I'm making that still has the skin on it.
If it weren't 2 hours before Shabbos but the kids needed food (usually I give them some kugel) I've made pasta salad, and hard boiled eggs.
Just trying to throw out ideas for simpler erev Shabbasos.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:13 am
amother wrote:
Lol... rebathing your kids.
My husband? He was sleeping through all of this. LOL LOL

I once posted here that my kugel takes me ten minutes to make and nobody believed me. I can louse away be anxious about the huge workload and then get things done in speed light. Literally!!
This time around I got way more support here.
Thanks imasisters!

OP, I'm assuming your husband did a lot of driving the previous day or two ;-)
If you did everything with half the good spirit you're evincing on this thread, I'm sure your Shabbos was great, and that your kids caught the spirit, which, believe me, is what they remember when they're grownups looking back. Kol hakavod!

ETA: Went back to your OP and realized you were unpacking your order. Oops. Now I get the beginning of this page.
Have you seen chatzos.com? It's not supposed to make you feel inadequate for not having everything cooked and sparkling by chatzos but to give you tips and inspiration. One of the most helpful things I've found - and I admit, my executive functioning isn't type A-style but it is functional - is seeing what you can do earlier. E.g. get Shabbos clothes clean early in the week and you don't have to worry about that. If you have a freezer, maybe you can use that too.
I'd love to hear your kugel technique. I don't think I could pull it off myself and that's where the frozen potatoes, or rice/couscous mixes in the cupboard would come in for me.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 10:24 am
OP, honestly I admire your easygoing and positive attitude to everything around you and that you were able to hold it together well and get everything done. It is truly a gift. If I was in your situation, I would probably be getting all nervous, screaming at everyone, and forget in the moment that love and respect for all people is of paramount importance and whatever gets done, gets done & whatever not, not. I think that this lesson of self-control you modeled to your kids is monumental. Thank you for inspiring me!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics