Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Can you be outdoors during a solar eclipse

dina22

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:50 am
I know you shouldn't look directly at the sun, but is it ok to be outside?

R3D

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 2:05 am
was wondering the same. DD daycamp supponsed to be going on outdoor trip wondering if should call to see if they canceled

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:39 am
Definitely not for young kids. The sky seems like it's safe to look at the sun and its not. I'm not sure if I could trust myself lol

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 8:34 am
Yes, it's fine to be outside, drive, etc. Just don't look at the sun for that 2.5+ hours, no matter how overcast/dark it might get.
If I had young kids I think I'd be making sure they stay inside. I'd probably have taken them to a science center for the afternoon.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:24 am
R3D wrote:
was wondering the same. DD daycamp supponsed to be going on outdoor trip wondering if should call to see if they canceled

Definitely find out if it was canceled and if they'll be keeping the kids strictly indoors. If they're not planning on doing that, keep the kids home.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 9:24 am
dina22 wrote:
I know you shouldn't look directly at the sun, but is it ok to be outside?

Yes.

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 11:01 am
I would keep children and individuals with developmental disabilities indoors and away from windows because you can't trust them not to look at the sun. Otherwise it's just fine to be outside. Don't look at the sun without appropriate eclipse glasses, and be prepared for weird "darkness at noon". Watch out for vehicles that may not have their lights on. The radio station here keeps reminding drivers to turn their lights on but not everyone listens.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:06 pm
Are you serious? I've been through one or two eclipses in my lifetime. Stop stressing.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:09 pm
I was just looking out the window of my sons hospital room, and there were a whole bunch of doctors, nurses and personnel outside , some with eclipse glasses and some without all taking pictures of the sun with their phone.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:32 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I was just looking out the window of my sons hospital room, and there were a whole bunch of doctors, nurses and personnel outside , some with eclipse glasses and some without all taking pictures of the sun with their phone.

You think they would know better.
Hope you're having a calm day, with clarity and menucha.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
You think they would know better.
Hope you're having a calm day, with clarity and menucha.

Thanks. Calm yes. Menucha yes. Clarity... not so much. But we are going to get there. 😊

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:40 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Thanks. Calm yes. Menucha yes. Clarity... not so much. But we are going to get there. 😊

Well, I'm still rooting for a clear diagnosis, easily treatable.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 3:43 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

Refuah Shelaima! I hope you find the right shaliachim and complete yeshua quickly!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics