Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dont touch computer

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:13 pm
Dh just got a new job that requires him to work at home too. We live in a two bedroom apartment so his office is the dining room table. I have a two and 4 yr old. The kids obviously touch the computer and printer. This gets dh very upset and he yells and punishes them. I keep telling dh u cant leave these things out and expect them not to touch he disagrees and thinks are kids are super hard and wild...I know its annoying but I think he has to take out and put away the laptop and printer every evening. Can the kids be expected not to touch or.not.

cholenteater

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:28 pm
I had this before I made a place for my work things it was extremely challenging to have the kids "not touch", as well as frustrating to set up each night. We live in a small place, so it was challenging for a while until I was able to make a corner my "office". I had a tiny desk/night table that the printer stayed on top of with the laptop in the draw underneath. This worked for a long time! Then, when it was time to work, I'd take out the laptop and go to the table , and be able to print using bluetooth from laptop to printer. I bought a new printer for this purpose as a new printer is cheaper than moving to a larger place Smile and I needed to feel organized and in control of my work area, otherwise it got very overwhelming

jewwoman

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:29 pm
Why dont you move the chairs away from the table. That way the kids cant reach the computer. Make sure ur husband puts it all in the middle of the table and move the chairs across the room.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 6:34 pm
Maybe the 4 year old but not the 2 year old. Sounds like your dh is being a little harsh, it's not that hard to store a laptop when he's done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers