Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning lady etiquette part 2

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 6:25 pm
Hi I'm the op who wrote about my cleaning lady /housekeeper a while back. The one that expects hot food and lactaid and breakfast everyday. I've had her for about 4 months now and I'm ready to fire her...I need advice how to do it. Please help!

watergirl

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 6:46 pm
All because of the food?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 6:54 pm
No not just because of the food. I got a nanny cam and saw when she holds my baby she holds her with one had and the other she's on her phone, while my baby's head is flopping all over the place.
Also she opened up a brand new jelly in the pantry while we have half a bottle still in the fridge and put it back in the pantry. She eats it everyday so she knows we still had jelly in he fridge.
Also one day I left with my baby at 8:30 and said I'll be back at 10:30 so if you want to clean the bathrooms do it now ( I have 2- a small and big bathroom) I know she can't clean it when she is watching the baby. I came home at 10:45 and she was still in the big bathroom cleaning. It really annoyed me. I needed help with my baby at that time but she was still in middle. I feel like she is dragging out her work and really taking advantage of my kindness.

OutATowner

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 6:56 pm
She is taking advantage of you and not properly taking care of your baby Just say I am sorry I do not need your services anymore.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 7:36 pm
Have you spoken to her about any of this before? If yes and she's still doing these things, she should probably understand.

L K

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 7:40 pm
amother wrote:
Have you spoken to her about any of this before? If yes and she's still doing these things, she should probably understand.

I'm not the op but I don't think you can count on explaining how to hold the baby and expect she's gonna do it right, always.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 9:53 pm
I think you're doing the right thing by letting her go. Just like any other job, a good housekeeper aims to please and not only does her job but tries to do it well and go the extra mile. She really doesn't sound like that if she's on the phone ignoring your baby while she's spending time with her. And since you don't have lots of experience managing housekeepers, it's Really a bad match.
I wouldn't give her a reason why you think she was subpar, because she'll try to persuade you to keep the employment and you're scared enough of firing as it is. Just say your mother is coming to help you or whatever so you won't need help any more, and thank her.
This sounds terrible but you shouldn't give her advance notice because she already isn't so careful with your baby, and when she knows the job is over she may not care at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry