Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Yeshiva Birchas Shmuel

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 12:30 am
I'm looking for information about the yeshiva. I think it is the high school for ohr yitzchak, Rabbi Wallersteins yeshiva in Flatbush.

What kind of boys go there? What does a typical day look like regarding learning? Any information really would be helpful.

Feeling kind of lost here Crying

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 7:40 pm
Bump...

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:10 pm
I know the yeshiva well. They have more of a relaxed atmosphere and cater to boys that are below average academically. In the past they have taken In boys with behavior and other issues, but they are really trying to only accept good boys that might be weak academically and need a little tlc. Do you have any specific questions?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:13 pm
Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.
So my son is very bright, he's just not too interested in learning at all. He has regressed frumkeit wise alot. He was not accepted back to his regular yeshiva.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is the right place for him.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
So my son is very bright, he's just not too interested in learning at all. He has regressed frumkeit wise alot. He was not accepted back to his regular yeshiva.

I definitely think it's worth a try. I know they are trying to transition somewhat away from at risk/ struggling with frumkeit boys, but it's worth a try. The rabbaim there are terrific and extremely warm.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:24 pm
Double post

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 8:24 pm
amother wrote:

I definitely think it's worth a try. I know they are trying to transition somewhat away from at risk/ struggling with frumkeit boys, but it's worth a try. The rabbaim there are terrific and extremely warm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children