Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How to show appreciation for NICU team

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 10:33 pm
My baby's been there for over 4 wks. (by the time we leave will probably be close to 6 wks)
We've been bringing chocolate or baked goods every couple of days, and the nurses who've had my child a couple of times we gave a little gift.
question is- when we get discharged (or even before) what can we give to the Physicians?
They keep on switching off, and aside for the Attending doctors and some of the Fellows- I can't even keep track of the Residents and all the rest...

Any ideas on what we can get?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 10:40 pm
Maybe some sort of appliance for the room where staff takes breaks. Like a Keurig or additional microwave?

westchestermom

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 1:44 am
Write a letter! The hospital will love to share it with the staff and recognize those involved. A letter from you will make a huge difference.

heidi

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 1:50 am
OP, I have no brilliant ideas, but I just have to tell you how touched I am by your הכרת הטוב. Having a baby in the NICU is frightening, exhausting and emotionally and physically draining. That you are able to see beyond yourself at such a stressful time and appreciate the people around you is a beautiful testament to the kind of person you are. Your baby is lucky to have you as a mother.
רפואה שלמה!

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:00 am
I wrote a letter to the PICU staff when my 5 year old was discharged after his heart surgery and when his younger brother was admitted 4+ years later it was hanging on a frame (with his picture). In general any doctor (which is mostly the residents) who had my son a lot I wrote a personal letter saying thank you. I kind of feel like they are new, and they new, and they work so hard, and I'm sure goof u p a lot and I know as a new teacher the letters I got from parents are precious to me to this day. I never brought a fancy gift, but a picture with a nice thank you to the whole ward and I think I brought a basket with coffee, tea (the nicer stuff) and chocolate, etc. for them to share.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:20 am
We took cakes several times. And a letter of thanks, when our baby was finally discharged. Probably should have given more.
I know someone who got some nice pens engraved with a 'thank you from family X', to give out to the staff, after their son was hospitalized for a serious operation.
My parents made a generous donation to the NICU. Twice actually, once when he was discharged, and once at his bar mitzvah. For the Bar mitzvah, the hospital send them a certificate of thanks, which my parents gave to my son. I was very moved that they remembered and still appreciated their hard work, 13 yrs later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics