Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Well known Rebbitzen in B'klyn loves Lashon Hara.
Previous  1  2

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 2:41 pm
DH told me about a certain 'rebetzin' who was 'making a chasuna' for a baal tshuva couple.
She told everyone donating $ to give it to her instead of straight to the couple... and she kept it all. Not a $0.01 went to the couple.
And she denied everything. I mean, why would anyone think that she'd steal?
B"H we don't know her personally.
I feel for you, OP. Try to have as little to do w/ her as possible.

Blossom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 2:44 pm
Unfortunately, some people do not live up to their title.
Especially someone who's considered a Rabbi or Rebbetzin should at least TRY to live up somewhat to their title.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 2:45 pm
Blossom wrote:
It's because she's worthy of being called Rebbetzin/Rabbanit, while he's really not.

It happens. Sometimes it's loshon horah, other times it's tsnius. Often times the man is on a higher level, other times it's the wife. Makes me wonder how these shidduchim are made . . what the parents and the couple, themselves, are thinking.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 4:19 pm
Quote:
Can anything be done about this Rebbitzen that is overloaded with Lashon Hara, and is hurting people's reputations?

Just stay away from her Exclamation and dan lekaf zechus perhaps she has real issues in her life Sad

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 4:23 pm
GAMZu wrote:
DH told me about a certain 'rebetzin' who was 'making a chasuna' for a baal tshuva couple.
She told everyone donating $ to give it to her instead of straight to the couple... and she kept it all. Not a $0.01 went to the couple.
And she denied everything. I mean, why would anyone think that she'd steal?
B"H we don't know her personally.
I feel for you, OP. Try to have as little to do w/ her as possible.

We had a similar story in our community, but once you really looked into the details. You discovered the couple did not pay for the catering company, the hall, the new sheitel, the Ketubah. Point is make sure you know all the details..

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 4:24 pm
Blossom wrote:
Unfortunately, some people do not live up to their title.
Especially someone who's considered a Rabbi or Rebbetzin should at least TRY to live up somewhat to their title.

I have found that the Best Rebbitzens are the one's that say I am not a Rebbitzen. The ones that are truly humble

happymom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 5:07 pm
Quote:
Can anything be done about this Rebbitzen that is overloaded with Lashon Hara, and is hurting people's reputations?

no, we cannot change others/.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 7:35 pm
Quote:

We had a similar story in our community, but once you really looked into the details. You discovered the couple did not pay for the catering company, the hall, the new sheitel, the Ketubah. Point is make sure you know all the details..

How could they pay if this lady took all the $?
In the situation I brought up, it was before the chasuna, and all these places were yet to be paid... with the donated $.

louche

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 7:36 pm
GAMZu wrote:

If she's making the wedding, didn't people understand that she was collecting money to make the wedding? or are they assuming, unfairly maybe, that she will bear all the expense of the wedding and the "contributions" are to cover the cost of the wedding, not to give the couple a start in life? It may just have been miscommunication and not misappropriation of funds.

louche

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 7:45 pm
Ruchel wrote:
a rabbanit/rebbetzin is just the wife of a rabbi/rebbe.

in a dictionary sense maybe, but from what I can see, some women are called rebbetzin and some aren't, and some are and ask not to be. I guess it depends on the community? in some there is only one Rebbetzin and all other wives of all other rabbis are just plain Mrs., I'm always afraid to call a rabbi';s wife mrs. because someone will be offended or bawl me out "that's Rebbetzin Goldberg to you, you ignoramus" so I usually say "rabbi Goldbergs wife" and to their face I don't call them anything.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:35 pm
louche, I explained in my 2nd post, that ppl were giving the $ to pay all the expenses of hall, etc. Instead of paying all those services with the donations, the lady pocketed it and left the expenses to the couple.
Making the wedding- I meant arranging hall, flowers, caterer, not financing.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:44 pm
In seminary, all teachers were to be called Rebbetzin.
Some of them didn't want that title and asked to be called Morah ____ instead. They said they'll let us know when they get smicha. Wink

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 9:25 pm
Just on the topic of Rebetzin vs Mrs.

REBETZIN Zahava Braunstein A"H (and yes, the Rebetzin emphasis is mine!) always said she carries the title "MRS." with pride for it's the one she worked hardest to acquire.

They don't make many like her.....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics