Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Legacy Mattress Store in Los Angeles - Anyone Familiar?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Sep 03 2017, 9:32 pm
I am shopping for a new mattress and bed and I want this to be a really high quality mattress as I am also springing for an adjustable bed base.

By happenstance while researching on the internet, I listed a store to check out that had good prices on an adjustable base and so today I went there to test out mattresses in person. I had been to a few other stores closer to me on Thursday and Friday.

When I checked hours, I saw the store was closed on Saturday which is odd for a store in a non-heavily frum area so I assumed the owner was Jewish. When I got there today, he was obviously an extremely frum Jew with a long beard.

The store is extremely well reviewed on Yelp. His mattress recommendation is for a brand that is local so I can't find many reviews of the specific mattress. Therefore I would have to go somewhat on his recommendation which means I would have to trust him since I have no way to compare.

The price he quoted me for the adjustable frame and bed was very good - competitive with a more of less equivalent package but the other store is offering a mattress brand I am familiar with - Temperpedic. All things being equal in terms of quality, I would like to give him my business.

If anyone has personal knowledge of this store, that would be great so I don't feel like I am buying a pig (you should excuse the expression Very Happy ) in a poke.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics