Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Wine with no sulfites

elisecohen

Post Sun, May 15 2005, 7:01 pm
My husband has been told to only use wine with no added sulfites. He greatly prefers sweet wines. Any suggestions for any sweet wines you know of that don't have sulfites added? I'll manage to get whatever it is if it's available in the US!

sarahd

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 3:02 pm
Why don't you try getting in touch with Kedem to find out what is available without sulfites?

IM-MA

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 11:02 pm
Bartenura Organic Nebbiolo and Bartenura Organic Chardonnay from Italy and are imported by Kedem have low sulfite levels. see kedemwines.com

elisecohen

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 7:42 am
Thanks, but these are both dry wines--I've discovered that Kedem Eshkol Ruby Red may fit the bill, but now I have to see if I can get it and if DH does indeed like it enough to drink for kiddush. Please keep up any ideas of any other wines that will fit the bill!

buba123

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 10:56 am
elise, my husband has the same issue. He once drank a smoothie that was spiked with wine and his heart rate went nuts - he was only 20 years old at the time. very scary. We found out that his grandfather was extremely allergic to sulfides ( used as a preservative years ago). Thank g-d he's only allergic to sulfides when mixed with alcohol. My cousin owns a liquer store in brooklyn and said that the only wine he can have is KEDEM ESTATES RUBY RED ESHKOL naturally sweet table wine 10% alc.

the name of the store is Orlander Liquor . Phone is 718-436-1031. He's a really nice guy. call him for more info.

elisecohen

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 12:05 pm
Thanks, yes that's the wine I am trying to get hold of now, esp since dh prefers sweet wines, which I'm told that one is. Unfortunately, MD is one of the states to which you can't mail wine, so I have to get one of the distributors here to get it for me (on top of that, our county is the only county in the US which itself administers all liquor sales through it's own shops, it's pretty silly). But it's great to hear independently that it will indeed meetour needs once get a bottle to check myself. Be well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen