Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How much does weight fluctuate with cycle?

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 7:26 am
I know most women get bloated during their period and a couple of days before. If you happen to step on a scale during this time and it's higher than last time, how much can you reasonably attribute to your cycle? I mean, I imagine if there's a 10 lb difference, you can't blame all of it on your cycle, but what about like 2 lbs? FTR, I don't bother stepping on a scale from about 2 days before my period till after it's over because I know it won't be so accurate, but I had a doctor appointment yesterday so I was weighed as part of the visit.

jj1236

Post Fri, Aug 25 2017, 8:32 am
I always end up weighing more on those doctor scales than I do on my home scale in general so that prob contributed to it.

etg

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 3:55 pm
I try not to weigh myself so that I don't get depressed, but when I do, I subtract 2 lbs. I actually find that 1.5-2 lbs. difference is normal, and I usually lose these by the end of my period.

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 4:04 pm
5-7 pounds. I kid you not Smile

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
I know most women get bloated during their period and a couple of days before. If you happen to step on a scale during this time and it's higher than last time, how much can you reasonably attribute to your cycle? I mean, I imagine if there's a 10 lb difference, you can't blame all of it on your cycle, but what about like 2 lbs? FTR, I don't bother stepping on a scale from about 2 days before my period till after it's over because I know it won't be so accurate, but I had a doctor appointment yesterday so I was weighed as part of the visit.

2 pounds. But I have to be careful not to allow that to be an excuse to gain more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise