Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby has RSV

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 10:23 pm
My 7 week old baby has RSV - BH she did not have to be hospitalized and after the intial few days when she really didnt feel well she seems to be getting better. BH she is awake, alert, eating, smiling, make wet and dirty diapers. The only thing is she is still having pretty frequent coughing fits - some of them are pretty scary.

The PA at my peds office says it is normal and can last for 6 weeks with bouts of coughing. Any experience with this?

I'm not really worried because BH overall she looks okay - but I really wish the cough would just be gone! I'm going back to work now and I hate to send her to the babysitter like this Sad

Did your infant have RSV? How long did the coughing last?

boysrus

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 11:10 pm
I dont think you should send her to the babysitter like this. Isnt it very contagious? YOu dont want to endanger the other children at the babysitter...
refuah sheleimah to your baby

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 11:12 pm
My baby had RSV when he was 6 months old. So it wasn't quite as severe as it can be for a newborn, but yeah, the coughing was definitely scary. And it lasted about a month and sounded horrible even though the doctor had assured us he was totally safe and fine.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 11:14 pm
boysrus wrote:
I dont think you should send her to the babysitter like this. Isnt it very contagious? YOu dont want to endanger the other children at the babysitter...
refuah sheleimah to your baby

she has it for almost two weeks already. I don't believe it's contagious anymore but will double check with the doc.

boysrus

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
she has it for almost two weeks already. I don't believe it's contagious anymore but will double check with the doc.

ok, its very possible that I am wrong! I dont have personal experience of it with my own kids BH, but I know that over a decade ago I was working in a daycare facility where one of hte babies had RSV and they were not in daycare for a few weeks...
I hope for your sake that I am wrong... and I hope that your baby gets over it fast
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics