Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Enneagram no 9

Maryann

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 5:40 pm
I did the test online and it said I was a 9.I read through 9...oh my gosh I could relate to everything it said...! Crazy! Couldn't believe it!!
What does it mean? Like what's the purpose of this?

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:03 pm
Entertainment.

giselle

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:05 pm
Where can I take the test? Everyone is always talking about their type, curious how everyone knows.

crust

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:05 pm
Its a tool. You can use it for growth.
Your point of intergration is 3.
Develop your talents rather than leaving them dormant.
Use your intuition rather than thinking what you feel is no big deal.
Face the facts of life rather than being a Pollyanna.
Stick up for yourself rather than always being smiley and non confrontational.

And so on and on...

imasoftov

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:08 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....icism
Quote:
The Enneagram has been criticized as being pseudoscience and subject to interpretation, making it difficult to test or validate scientifically and as "an assessment method of no demonstrated reliability or validity". The scientific skeptic Robert Todd Carroll has characterized the Enneagram as an example of a pseudoscientific theory that "can't be tested because they are so vague and malleable that anything relevant can be shoehorned to fit the theory".

Maryann

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:09 pm
giselle wrote:
Where can I take the test? Everyone is always talking about their type, curious how everyone knows.

I typed on Google enneagram test and it came up. About 38 questions

Maryann

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:10 pm
crust wrote:
Its a tool. You can use it for growth.
Your point of intergration is 3.
Develop your talents rather than leaving them dormant.
Use your intuition rather than thinking what you feel is no big deal.
Face the facts of life rather than being a Pollyanna.
Stick up for yourself rather than always being smiley and non confrontational.

And so on and on...

Where can u find these 'tools of growth' for my type, I don't see it on that website

crust

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:26 pm
Maryann wrote:
Where can u find these 'tools of growth' for my type, I don't see it on that website

There are many websites and books.
The original Enneugram by Don Riso does not have only 9 types but 9 sub types under each of the 9 making it into 81 types.

Miriam Adahan took Don Riso's work and created her own version. She felt 81 types was too confusing so she went down to 9 types with only 3 levels of health within each type.
What I love about her books Awareness and Appreciating People are the VOH; voices of health. She gives you short growth oriented sentences to practice daily.

Its intresting to know that The Enneugram is based on kabbalah; its the ten sfiras. Really there are 600,000 Types.

All of us have all of the 10 sfiras within us but one sfira is the most dominant in each person thus creating individuality.

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 4:27 am
Op, my husband is a 9 and is the most stable, gentle person ever. BUT not addressing problems has been a huge issue for him.....

Crust, I'm curious to the sefiras connection. How does that work?

BTW, I'm a big believer in the Enneagram. It helps me a lot in understanding people.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 5:28 am
crust wrote:
Its intresting to know that The Enneugram is based on kabbalah; its the ten sfiras. Really there are 600,000 Types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ument

crust

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 9:38 am
ssspectacular wrote:
Op, my husband is a 9 and is the most stable, gentle person ever. BUT not addressing problems has been a huge issue for him.....

Crust, I'm curious to the sefiras connection. How does that work?

BTW, I'm a big believer in the Enneagram. It helps me a lot in understanding people.

It helped me a lot also. I think its a good starting point to understand the people around us.

I learned the Torah dynamic of the Enneugram from a rav/therapist who gives shiurim on tchinos hanefesh. It costs money though so I wont put the contact info out here.

Feel free to Pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics