Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please help my baby is impossible

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 5:51 pm
Little background..
I have 3 kids kah.
6 yr old, 3.5 yr old and 8 mth old.

My 8 month old baby is impossible.
Seriously I can't take it, he won't be on the floor for more than 10 minutes and I'm meanwhile racing against the clock furiously trying to peel onions or anything that I need 2 hands for till he is shrieking once again.
He takes cat naps so that is a break, but other than that I am holding and rocking him constantly otherwise he is just unhappy and crying.
Every month when he turns another month older I tell myself ok bh I got through this, hopefully it will just get easier.
But honestly I really can't take this anymore I feel like I have this annoying fly on me that I can't get rid of.

Am I crazy? Or the baby is just extra difficult?

smilealot

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:40 pm
So exhausting.
Try the Gina ford method. It's amazing.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:42 pm
Try reading the "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" book by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. Was a lifesaver for me!! Wink

helene

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:44 pm
Maybe he has some food allergy. A lot of babies are allergic to milk and milk products. Have you been to any doctor to discuss his constant crying? Their may be some actual physical cause for it.
Hope things will soon improve for you and may you despite this difficult period have lots of joy and nachas from all your children.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:44 pm
You might just have to resign yourself to not doing things while he's around. That's what I had to do while my oldest was that age. I began sending him out a few hours a day when he was a little over a year, as it had gotten to hard for me.
Also, perhaps if you give him a lot of undivided attention for a few days, he will get the love he craves, and be able to nap/play on his own. I did that with my newborn; he was constantly crying so for a few days I spent a lot of time together with him, lying next to him during naps etc, and after a few days he began to get calmer and sleep more.

animeme

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 6:53 pm
Some babies are like this.

Will he go in an exersaucer or high chair if he can see you and you talk to him? I know how crazy-making it is to always be giving your attention thay way, but it frees up your hands.

Also, when you put him down wherever, try giving him the pj shirt you slept in the night before. If he's not directly feeling you, he smells you. Sometimes it helps, particularly when trying to calm him.

simcha2

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 7:02 pm
The baby bjorn saved me.

(If he really doesn't stop crying I would also have a check in with the pediatrician to make sure there isn't anything else going on).

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
Try reading the "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" book by Dr. Marc Weissbluth. Was a lifesaver for me!! Wink

I second this! Sometimes babie act that way because they are sleep deprived. This book is amazing.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 8:03 am
amother wrote:
I second this! Sometimes babie act that way because they are sleep deprived. This book is amazing.

Thx I know this book I'm really not the cio nature.. But Thx anyway

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 8:26 am
amother wrote:
Thx I know this book I'm really not the cio nature.. But Thx anyway

I am not recommending it for the cry it out. I am recommending it because it gives you so much information on what times of day babies need to sleep, for how long, how often, how to detect tired cues, and info on good sleep habits. You don't have to do cry it out for the book to be useful.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 8:34 am
I have an 11 month old just like this. He likes excitement and attention, cannot keep himself busy for a second. He sleeps fitfully day and night. I have tried every method for sleep training and nothing works, he's just a high needs baby. I don't plan to get anything done when he's around, because if I do and can't get something done, I get really annoyed and the shrieking really gets to me. I have started sending him out and he's an ANGEL at the babysitter, plus I have a few hours a day where I can do what I need to. And I know it's better for both of us. Hang in there, it's tough, but it's reality right now. It will pass one day, juts maybe not yet.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 12:10 am
I know this seems obvious, but I'd bring it to your attention anyways:
Are you sure your baby is eating enough? I know it isn't a blanket rule, but I find that full babies/kids are happier. Try offering 2 oz more than you usually give. Have you started real food yet? Unfortunately some kids don't eat much cuz they aren't "eaters."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics