Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How to verify gift was received

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 11:47 am
I ordered a baby present from a store to be delivered for an acquaintance. Its been 2 months and never received a thank you. How do I know that she received my gift? It's a little tacky to ask "did you get my gift?"
My worry is either it was never delivered or her kids opened it and she never knew who sent it.
Do I forget about it or is there a way for me to find out nicely?

simba

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 11:59 am
Depends on your relationship.
Firstly, you can ask the store if it was delivered.
You can also also ask her something like "I ordered something small for you, just wanted to make sure it got to you'. I don't think it is too tacky. she might have just forgot to thank you and and be thrilled at the opportunity.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 5:17 pm
I dont think its at all tacky to ask if she received the gift. It's tacky not to thank the sender upon receipt. In any case, you need to know one way or the other so you can know what to do next.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 8:33 pm
I totally get you!

I sent a nice platter to my neighbor for each of the last three simchos she made, and never heard a word from her. She's a very friendly and polite person and it's so strange to me that she never said a word.

I'm trying to figure out if her kids maybe ripped off my card each time so she didn't know who it was from??? I want her to know that I sent her three gifts! So awkward.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics