Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Going Rate for Overnight Babysitter - Lakewood

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 1:36 pm
I may have to travel out of town for work, and my husband will be away the same week.

I want to hire a young woman, out of seminary, who can sleep in my house and drive my kids to school in the morning.

I have an older teenage daughter, so she wouldn't have to cook supper or anything like that, just be an adult in the house and deal with the morning routine.

Does anyone know what would be a reasonable day-by-day sum to offer someone? I don't even know what the ballpark ranges are.

bargainlover

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 6:09 pm
I've heard it is 150 dollars for overnight. Not sure what hours that includes and if it includes driving.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 8:04 pm
Not op but a similar question: what's the going rate for a "babysitter" if one parent stays in the house and does everything for the kids. Basically, an overnight "companion" when one parent doesn't want to stay the whole night just herself and the kids.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 8:23 pm
To the op,
A lady for a few hours in the morning would probably be cheaper. The secretary ay Dr Carmen Otolara's office , is a frum woman with a car who babysits.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:07 pm
Lemon - do you have her number and are you comfortable posting it? I don't want to use my SN. If you just post her first name, I guess I can call the office and ask
It's true - all I really need is someone there in the morning to get everyone off to school.
Thanks.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 10:40 pm
Im sorry. I dont know it but call the ofgice and ask for the lady with the short sheitel who does late night babysitting. Shes very friendly! Get references
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics