Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
How to get meat soft!!!!!!!!!

toysrus

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 2:29 pm
I've tasted meat done in the oven that was buttery soft, anyone know how?

Please post method, recipe and type of meat

TIA

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:24 pm
Do you like it sweet and saucy or just savory and simple? The basic trick is to bake it in the oven covered on 350 for about 4 hours. That would be for a 3-4 lb roast.

I believe he rule is low and slow. But I know that people cook soft meat on 400 too.
You can also do it in a crockpot or a pot roast on the stove top. All come out soft .

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:36 pm
2nd cut brisket, chuck meat, beef shank, beef cheek, all can get very soft but need a lot of time to cook and liquid to braise in.

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 3:58 pm
I have the softest, most delicious flanken recipe. smear flanken on the bone on all sides with oil. Season very generously with salt black pepper and garlic powder on all sides. Cover each peice of flanken separately with 3 pieces silver foil. Place in a bekelah and cover the bekelah very tightly. The trick is to have it covered tightly. Bake on 350 for 2 hours and 250 for 3 hours. It is simple and tastes delicious!!

becky55

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 5:00 pm
it all has to do with the meat you buy and where it comes from everyone knows that Uruguay meat is very tough and it will never become soft like butter.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 8:40 pm
Cook it on lower heat, longer. Refrigerate overnight. Slice thin. Pour gravy over. Reheat. This is how I've got my softest meat. The slice thin is crucial.

Water Stones

Post Thu, Sep 07 2017, 9:12 pm
For cut up meat like London broil, mix dry baking sofa in it. Rinse it off very well after 5 minutes and cook like a stir fry, very hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes.

The meat will melt in your nouth.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 7:44 am
Seashells wrote:
For cut up meat like London broil, mix dry baking sofa in it. Rinse it off very well after 5 minutes and cook like a stir fry, very hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes.

The meat will melt in your nouth.

I've never heard of this before. How much baking soda would you use ?

choco1

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 8:17 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I have the softest, most delicious flanken recipe. smear flanken on the bone on all sides with oil. Season very generously with salt black pepper and garlic powder on all sides. Cover each peice of flanken separately with 3 pieces silver foil. Place in a bekelah and cover the bekelah very tightly. The trick is to have it covered tightly. Bake on 350 for 2 hours and 250 for 3 hours. It is simple and tastes delicious!!

Whats a bekelah?

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 10:35 am
choco1 wrote:
Whats a bekelah?

It's a tin disposable baking pan.

loveit

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 10:46 am
Like pp said one of the main tips is to slice super thin!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics