Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
One of Us (new documentary about ex-Chassidish ppl)
  Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
All is true, Maya. I'm just disturbed at how all chassidic men will now be portrayed as "wife beaters" due to the false testimony of "Etty". I went to school with her. She was always so unstable! I know her husbands family as well. Its just that the world gets to see one side of the story, and that gets used to represent all of chassidic culture.

HOW DARE YOU. HOW FREAKING DARE YOU.

First things first. YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FILM. Because it hasn't been released.

Second, you don't know what he did to her. Because you weren't there.

What gives you the right to accuse this woman of lying. Of being unstable. Of anything else. Because you -- a person who doesn't have the guts to post under a name that's fake to begin with -- accuse her of things? Because you beat her with your words the way her husband did with his hands?

Every time a woman accuses someone of hurting her, disgusting excuses for human beings say that. "I went to school with her. She wasn't stable."

Its lashon hara and its cruel and its disgusting. You're disgusting. And I'll say it my own name.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:11 pm
This is such an important documentary. Dont know

I'm sure it will entertain thousands of human beings.
It will paint a 'real' picture without hypocrisy and that alone is praiseworthy.
I hope it will provide the much needed universal audience therapy to these victims which is probably the only way to heal.
And I am sure Luzer's mother will listen to it and learn a thing or two about communication.

I'm sure that all in all, this is the ultimate solution to end any ongoing abuse in the chassidic community. Or that it will make outside people aware of the abuse and they will be capable of, as usual, to influence the communities to stop this. Scratching Head

Thanks for sharing it OP. It was a task I am sure. And this thread further enhances the deed. I hope you get some rest on Shabbos. Smile

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

What gives you the right to accuse this woman of lying. Of being unstable. Of anything else. Because you -- a person who doesn't have the guts to post under a name that's fake to begin with -- accuse her of things? Because you beat her with your words the way her husband did with his hands?

Every time a woman accuses someone of hurting her, disgusting excuses for human beings say that. "I went to school with her. She wasn't stable."

Its lashon hara and its cruel and its disgusting. You're disgusting. And I'll say it my own name.

I'm not that poster, but I'll say it under my screen name. This woman has lied to many people about many different things, so it's hard to take anything she says with a grain of salt. She lost her credibility. I'm only commenting specifically about her. I'm not commenting on anybody else in the documentary .

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:21 pm
crust wrote:
This is such an important documentary. Dont know

I'm sure it will entertain thousands of human beings.
It will paint a 'real' picture without hypocrisy and that alone is praiseworthy.
I hope it will provide the much needed universal audience therapy to these victims which is probably the only way to heal.
And I am sure Luzer's mother will listen to it and learn a thing or two about communication.

I'm sure that all in all, this is the ultimate solution to end any ongoing abuse in the chassidic community. Or that it will make outside people aware of the abuse and they will be capable of, as usual, to influence the communities to stop this. Scratching Head

Thanks for sharing it OP. It was a task I am sure. And this thread further enhances the deed. I hope you get some rest on Shabbos. Smile

Lol. I'm pretty sure Luzer's mother will not listen to it. Do you know her personally?

Blessing1

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:24 pm
You should all know that 99% of the things said on the trailer are not true!!! They're just saying it to spite chassidim & make us look bad to the world. I know afew of them...
Luzer Twersky comes from a rebbish family his mom happens to be a very loving & respected person. We shouldn't believe everything they say, they're in pain & angry & letting it out this way.
And like others said this Etty is a dilusional person, was always a little off. She's a big liar among other thing. It makes more sense that she was the one abusing her husband than the other way around.
But I am curious to see the documentary.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:35 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

To quote "first things first, I havent seen the film..." uh.. Have you seen the trailer? So she says her husband beat her and then takes it back in the film? Apparently seeing the trailer was enough.
Second, you write that I dont know, I.havent been there. True. But knowing this woman VERY WELL, and her own siblings who have spoken about their sisters dysfunction and instability BEFORE she went OTD, my assumptions about her husband not "beating" her arent mere assumptions.
You write "you beat her with your words the way her husband beat her with her hands" just proves my point. That you beleive HER SIDE without hearing the other. So I just wanted to kindly inform you of the other side, before you believe HER Motzei shem ra.

pause

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:36 pm
cnc wrote:
Lol. I'm pretty sure Luzer's mother will not listen to it. Do you know her personally?

That's her point! Crust was being highly sarcastic.

causemommysaid

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

I am not particularly pro chassidim or their lifestyle but I don't understand why you are so intent on believing her over him.

Be fair. Realize this documentary is from her perspective and her husband doesn't have the chance to tell his side.

Also realize that many of the chassidish women on this site know these people in real life unlike you or me who only know things second hand.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:56 pm
cnc wrote:

No clue who she is.
I know Luzer from his videos. embarrassed
Its interesting to listen to him because his life story always has a new twist. Things that I heard from him two years ago are suddenly told in a different version. Its never boring.

Like the weather. LOL

das

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 5:59 pm
I was not the original poster who wrote about Etty. But Six of Wands, Etty is a very sick woman with major mental issues and an actual diagnosis. The fact that the producers use her a subject when her mental issues--and inability to tell the difference between fact and fantasy--are clearly known to even her OTD friends and helpers at Footsteps is very troubling.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:02 pm
Why did my post get a hug? I was just stating facts that some here already know about, to make it clear to those who don't that were not dealing here with the typical OTD people.
It's sad & scary that the world will get & believe this view about chassidim.

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

There is actual footage, given to the court as evidence in the custody case, which shows her entering her apartment hale and hearty (her husband is in the next town) and emerging "beaten" wrapped in bandages and screaming that her husband beat her. I hope her husband sues the filmmakers for libel.

crust

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
There is actual footage, given to the court as evidence in the custody case, which shows her entering her apartment hale and hearty and emerging "beaten" wrapped in bandages and screaming that her husband beat her.

Listen here.
In 2017 you can't sell me footages just like you cannot sell me documentaries just like you can't sell me the George Washington Bridge.
I can listen to all of them but to take a picture or perspective out of it would be an insult to my intelligence.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:32 pm
amother wrote:
And that's part of your problem. That you believe these things. And have no other frame of reference. Enjoy

Are you crazy? What the heck are you talking about. Tell me what I believe? I watch at least 3 documentaries every week. I remain grateful for the tip.

Have a good shabbos. I hope you feel better soon.

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:34 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
I am not particularly pro chassidim or their lifestyle but I don't understand why you are so intent on believing her over him.

Be fair. Realize this documentary is from her perspective and her husband doesn't have the chance to tell his side.

Also realize that many of the chassidish women on this site know these people in real life unlike you or me who only know things second hand.

Thank you. This. If you know me IRL or from my posts here, you'll know that I'm not the type to gloss over things and try to pretend everything is perfect. But when you know certain people IRL, and you can tell after talking to them for fifteen minutes that something is off with them and you know for a fact that they're massive liars even about things that have nothing to do with religion, it is hard to keep quiet and pretend that everything is as they say it is.
It just ain't so.

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:37 pm
das wrote:
I was not the original poster who wrote about Etty. But Six of Wands, Etty is a very sick woman with major mental issues and an actual diagnosis. The fact that the producers use her a subject when her mental issues--and inability to tell the difference between fact and fantasy--are clearly known to even her OTD friends and helpers at Footsteps is very troubling.

This as well.

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 08 2017, 6:39 pm
crust wrote:
Listen here.
In 2017 you can't sell me footages just like you cannot sell me documentaries just like you can't sell me the George Washington Bridge.
I can listen to all of them but to take a picture or perspective out of it would be an insult to my intelligence.

I'm utterly confused. What are you trying to say?

Ruchel

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 3:23 pm
I'm not that kind of yid, would probably go nuts being a full on chassid lol but I hate those hateful documentaries, so biased and always about the bad.

As for ex chassidish people. They could show them who became another type of charedi. Another type of non charedi. Nice traditional people. But somehow the medias is always about the freaks.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 3:58 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I'm not that kind of yid, would probably go nuts being a full on chassid lol but I hate those hateful documentaries, so biased and always about the bad.

As for ex chassidish people. They could show them who became another type of charedi. Another type of non charedi. Nice traditional people. But somehow the medias is always about the freaks.

So true. Whoever spoke about whitewhashing the bad in communities, I have a few choices things to say.

1. It is not whitewashing to say that generalizing the public of Chasidim is wrong.
2. There are wifebeaters and people that disown their children in any society. Chasidim just give it a bad name by throwing yiddishkeit into the mix.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 8:49 pm
amother wrote:
All is true, Maya. I'm just disturbed at how all chassidic men will now be portrayed as "wife beaters" due to the false testimony of "Etty". I went to school with her. She was always so unstable! I know her husbands family as well. Its just that the world gets to see one side of the story, and that gets used to represent all of chassidic culture.

I also went to school with Etty S. I guess we went to the same school. I remember her in school, I actually thought she was a stable person , I don't know her best friend was RBS who is considered a very a prestigious person and who says that her husband wasn't abusive?she also has a very big responsibility if she says her husband is abusive because he could practically sue her very badly if he wasn't.
Again I'm not saying that he is or isn't abusive but she could be sued if she makes up a story against Mr. A.
Page 2 of 13   Previous  1  2  3   11  12  13  Next Recent Topics