Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Can someone please explain the whole gay thing?

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 4:12 pm
I've been reading many posts where people mention actual gay people they know.
Are they married? Are they frum? Do they have kids? Are they in a frum commminuty? Are they closested?

I'm not a troll, nor looking for a fight.

As of now I have heard of gay Jews OTD, Reform, Conservative etc. That doesn't interest me.

I also have seen videos and clips from a "frum LGBTQ+" "communities and shuls" but from what I understand there are at the most a few hundred of those people and are not accepted in most orthodox communities of any type. (Correct me if I am wrong, I do live in chareidi places in Israel, so my knowledge is based of the internet...yeah)

But are there actual places where it has now been accepted?
This is my veiw currently. 2 men having zex is 100 percent assur, anything else may be by the rabbis or torah- I don't know exactly what is muttar or assur. Point is, yeah I highly commend people who are gay and do not act upon it, I see nothing wrong with one living in a community being gay and married the opposite gender and raising a regular avergae frum family. I would see a problem with someone openly being gay and expecting a frum community to accept them acting upon it. I feel like it's basically telling people you do other assur acts like cheating on your wife, and having sez outside marriage.....

I mean, sure. Get support and stuff, but to be open about aveiros you do?......
I don't know. I mean maybe one day it will be mainstream. It will be like we discuss the yetzer hara of loshon hora publicly, I don't know.

I'm just looking for some clarity about how things are seen in other communities or places around the world.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 4:20 pm
Here's my understanding, though it is not complete and it may be incorrect as well.
Orthodox gay men do understand that relations between them is halachically assur. But they are quite sure that they cannot live their lives unfulfilled in that respect. Then they see it as a failing in one aspect of their lives as others fail in other ways. There are those cheating in business yet still get their aliyot. There are those speaking vicious lashon hara yet have many, many friends. No one is perfect and few are denied their place in the community because of these other sins.
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with this viewpoint just staying my understanding of their position.

smilealot

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 6:59 pm
Someone told me that it says in gear somewhere that when when being gay becomes accepted in the world then we know that we are at the time of Moshiach!

I went to an awareness evening where I understood the speaker (rabbi russel) saying that a boy naturally has a revulsion for sez with a male. If a boy has been abused then this natural revulsion doesn't come about, hence wishes of same sez...

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 7:39 pm
Not so sure... People must be born that way for there to be a taivah

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 8:29 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Not so sure... People must be born that way for there to be a taivah

Disagree

Yael

Post Sat, Sep 09 2017, 8:43 pm
Sorry. this topic has been banned because it always ends badly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics