Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Games to play to make day go smoother?

thegiver

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 10:57 pm
I want games to play that helps my kids to cooperate
Examples: brush teeth; pick up puzzles and toys, get into car smoothly, stop hitting each other or hurting each other, bathroom cleanliness and any cleanliness in general.

I'm sure you moms have ton of ideas. I want something beyond "let's race". My kids aren't fond of "u pick up this color and I'll pick up that color". They do love music and bribes for ice cream haha but can't really incorporate that into a game. Is there any website you know of that suggests real practical daily games to get you through the day?

Thanks!!!

relish

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:04 pm
Rewarding (sprinkles/chocolate chips/mini marshmallows) and sticker charts work well for this age.

Also, picture schedules, that are followed religiously. The kids get to move a picture of them down the schedule after each activity is complete.

Sometimes rewarding the one who came to tell you (instead of fighting back) with a compliment that the others can hear, and taking away the toy from the children (if we use our hands to hurt we can't play with this now) is enough to slowly eliminate the use of hands for hurting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers