Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pediatrician in Flatbush

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:05 pm
I am looking for a pediatrician in Brooklyn for a newborn.

I am particularly interested in hearing about:
Dr. Beit Yaakov
Dr. Sadacka
Dr. Abberback
Dr. Wahba
Dr. Antar

How are the wait times?
Is the office staff friendly and flexible?
Is the office run like a factory?
Is the doctor okay with a delayed vaccination schedule?
Are their other doctors/pa in the practice?

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 3:58 pm
She is not in Flatbush, but Dr. Gonchar is the best doctor (near Manhattan beach). She is the most caring knowledgeable sensitive doc. I am not sure she is still practicing though...

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 4:08 pm
Weve been around...dr beityakov is quick staff helpful and I trust him.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:51 pm
I use Dr. Wahba - He is a sole practitioner, no other PAs or doctors in the practice. He is a good doctor and everyone in the office is very nice. The office runs like clockwork which we appreciate very much. The wait time is never more than 5 minutes. To my knowledge he does not support a delayed vaccination schedule. The one downside to the practice is that he goes to Deal for the summer and is only in the Brooklyn office 2.5 days a week.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 6:17 pm
Honeydew, would he put up with one or no way? I will be fully vaccinating, I just don't want to do them all at once.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:02 pm
We also use Dr. Wahba and are very happy with him. I like that the office runs so efficiently and that it's only one dr so he really gets to know your child.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:26 pm
Dr abberback is a tzaddik. The office staff is very nice. He will definitely listen to your vaccination concerns.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:44 pm
Amother vote for dr wahba. Summers he's in monday, tues and Thursday mornings. But big deal. You can find any doctors in brooklyn in the summer on Fridays or sundays. Office runs like clockwork . Minimal wait. Hours are 9 to 5, sunday, sick day. Good to have same doctor all the time

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:50 pm
We use Dr. Abberbock. He has 2 other docs and 3 PAs. We only use him or one other PA, unless it's an absolute emergency. Office is well run. He is understanding of delaying vax.

Sebastian

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 12:23 pm
Thank you so much for all of the replies!

To those who use Dr. Abberbock, is it easy to get an appt with him or is he usually overbooked? Who are the other doctors in the practice?

Sebastian

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:28 pm
bump

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:20 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Thank you so much for all of the replies!

To those who use Dr. Abberbock, is it easy to get an appt with him or is he usually overbooked? Who are the other doctors in the practice?

There is a wait for well visits, but when I had an issue that I wanted him (MRSA), I was able to get him easily. Any issue that I have a "concern" about, I see him. You may not get him for a sore throat or ear infection same day though, but u can get in touch with him when needed for sure.
The other main doctor is Dr. Lazar. There is a new female doctor as well but she is newer to the practice and I don't recall her name.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics