Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to keep jacket from getting creased tail

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:01 pm
My husband's jacket is always creased at the bottom. He sits and drives a good bit through his day. My father, when I asked, said he takes it off at work and to drive. My husband can't remember to do it every time he drives, and now he is working somewhere that he is feeling embarrassed about it.

Is there something we can do to keep it from being creased? I don't want to have to iron it every night!

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 7:15 pm
How frustrating. If your dh won't wear a waist-length bomber jacket or rememberi on his own to remove his jacket before sitting down, he will perforce suffer the humiliation of a creased rear panel. Would that really be so awful? Who's looking at his back? Does he mind or do you? Because if it's you, learn not to care. You are not his mother.

If it's dh who cares, let him "own" the problem. Why should you be slaving away because he's too, uh, distracted to care for his own clothing? Why not give him the privilege and responsibility of pressing his own jacket. He's the one messing it up through his own negligence, after all. Maybe having to press his jacket every day will serve as a memory aid after the first few times he has to do this chore.

For the first few days, consider posting a note "Take off your jacket" on the steering wheel. But only in the beginning because reminder signs grow invisible after a while.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 7:41 pm
Thanks for your sarcasm, Zaq. I would not actually iron it every night. It used to bother me a bit but not enough to say anything. Now that it is bothering him, I was wondering if anyone else had this, since I've never noticed it on anyone else, or seen that other people take off their jackets to drive.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:46 pm
For the record I was being serious. These are the choices:
1. Dh learns not to mind wrinkled jackets.
2. Dh buys 100% pure polyester suits that won't crease for anything.
3. Dh buys suits with shorter jackets. They might look a bit odd if they don't cover his Heinie, though.
4. You can press his jackets as often as needed.
5. He can take his jackets to the cleaners to be pressed as often as needed.
6. He can press his own jackets.
7. He can learn to take his jacket off before he gets in the car.

Those are the alternatives, toots. Sorry if none of them suits your fancy.

fbmommy

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:19 pm
they sell special coat hangers that mount on the back of the head rest, maybe if he sees that when he gets into the car he'll remember to take it off
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry