Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
For sale: NIB Kit Kittredge American Girl Doll (retired)

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 1:22 am
My child received this as a gift under the impression that it could be exchanged for the doll of her choice but long story short it can't. So I'd like to sell this one to cover the cost of the one she wants so it can still be the intended gift.

The doll in her original classic outfit, with book and accessories, is brand new. The doll has never been removed from the box (the cover was taken off the box in order to photograph the doll inside), the book has never been opened, and the accessories too were only removed from the box in order to photograph (also posted in some other classified venues). So this is a real collector's item, as it is a famous classic doll that is now discontinued and is in absolute mint condition.

I'm hoping to get around $160 for it but will take a "best offer." If you are in the NY area then we could save on shipping with a personal drop-off or pickup.

It's the original one here (not the new "be forever" kind) http://americangirl.wikia.com/.....edge_(doll)

I'm actually really disappointed that DD didn't like it because they REALLY don't make them like they used to. This one's outfit is so classic and pretty, the knit sweater set and pleated skirt are so much nicer than the plain fabric dress the new doll comes in, the accessories are way better in quality, quantity, and cute. And I love her historical story, I like the idea of the doll making you feel connected to the historical period and the books with the gorgeous pictures and history lesson in the back... man I would have loved this when I was a kid. But the child wanted one with LONG hair. So she picked Tenney who is definitely cute but not historical and has just a regular novel to go with her. And long hair. But it's love, what can you do. And I certainly understand finding short hair disappointing in an AG doll.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 1:27 am
Note in the link above the word doll in parentheses is part of the url. Not sure why it isn't linking that way but you can copy-paste.

Chloe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 7:26 am
You can sell it on eBay for that amount if not more.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 8:19 am
eBay takes a significant cut, and postage also needs to be paid and arranged. So I'm starting with Craigslist et al, and will move on to eBay if that doesn't work.

Chloe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 8:31 am
True, but if buyer pays shipping, like I see on the currently listed Kit listings, you'll get $160 even after Ebay fees. Honestly, I'd wait for November when people shop for x-mas because you'll probably be able to sell for even more then.
Hope you sell it easily, whichever way you choose.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:08 am
Thanks! No point in waiting, if it doesn't sell then I'll just keep relisting through xmastime if needed.

I'm not sure if it will sell for this amount on ebay because I haven't seen many if any similar listings. Most are used or opened, or don't come with the accessories. There are some listings for only accessories and those seem to be doing pretty well so I'm not sure if I'd do better listing them separately or together. I would have assumed together but then I'm not sure how to price it. The doll alone whether new or EUC seems to sell for $110 based on completed ebay listings.

Chloe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:36 am
seeker wrote:
Thanks! No point in waiting, if it doesn't sell then I'll just keep relisting through xmastime if needed.

I'm not sure if it will sell for this amount on ebay because I haven't seen many if any similar listings. Most are used or opened, or don't come with the accessories. There are some listings for only accessories and those seem to be doing pretty well so I'm not sure if I'd do better listing them separately or together. I would have assumed together but then I'm not sure how to price it. The doll alone whether new or EUC seems to sell for $110 based on completed ebay listings.

That's the new version. I see 3 listings of the old version that you have, selling for about $175 plus shipping. I didn't see any completed listings for this version.

Chloe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:38 am
https://m.ebay.com/sch/I.html?.....tired

Chloe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:40 am
https://m.ebay.com/itm/America.....53A11

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:50 am
Actually, I think you can get more money if you sell each item separately.

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:15 am
Chloe, those listings are not completed which means that their asking price is higher than mine but we don't know if they will get what they're asking. When researching a price, I always search the completed listings so I can see what they actually sold for.

Amelia, that may be true. I think in classifieds it will only go as a bundle but if I switch to ebay then I will list them separately.

imeinu

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 12:13 am
actually the second link chloe posted has had a sale --
US $179.95 1 Dec-02-16 13:29:13 PST
Judging from the date, you may need to wait a couple of months for the demand to pick up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics