Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Nursery for boys and girls

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 7:40 am
My boy girl are twins turning 3!!! I want to send them to the same nursery.... it's just easier for me plus I really don't want to split them up yet. Which places have both genders in Brooklyn. Will I have a hard time getting them into yeshivas next year because I didn't pick their specific nursery?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 8:34 am
All places in Brooklyn are mixed gender for nursery as far as I know.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 8:51 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
All places in Brooklyn are mixed gender for nursery as far as I know.

Not sure in which part of Brooklyn OP is located, but here in BP, for the most part, nurseries are not mixed gender. You may have better luck if you find a private playgroup that has a nursery class, but yes, unless you have older children already enrolled in a school, you may definitely have trouble getting them into a school. Another option is to get them into a preschool such as Yeled v'Yalda where they have separate boys' and girls' classes but they will be attending the same school (but that obviously still leaves you with the difficulty of trying to get them into a school later on).
I've heard of people paying tuition to hold their slots in a school while sending their childten elsewhere for a year or two.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:06 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Not sure in which part of Brooklyn OP is located, but here in BP, for the most part, nurseries are not mixed gender. You may have better luck if you find a private playgroup that has a nursery class, but yes, unless you have older children already enrolled in a school, you may definitely have trouble getting them into a school. Another option is to get them into a preschool such as Yeled v'Yalda where they have separate boys' and girls' classes but they will be attending the same school (but that obviously still leaves you with the difficulty of trying to get them into a school later on).
I've heard of people paying tuition to hold their slots in a school while sending their childten elsewhere for a year or two.

Op is talking about a private nursery as far as I can tell. I believe all of those are mixed gender.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:32 am
Meaning, I would like to send them to a structured private program that's mixed for nursery because it makes so much more sense......however, I don't want to run into problems not getting into kindergarten when they'll be in separate yeshivas.
So, is that really a problem to worry about or will yeshivas take kids no problem starting kindergarten?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:37 am
amother wrote:

So, is that really a problem to worry about or will yeshivas take kids no problem starting kindergarten?

sounds like a joke

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:03 am
In Flatbush the nurseries are mixed. Bais Freida and BYA are the two legal nurseries in my area of Flatbush. Some schools start kindergarden, some start nursery. Some schools demand you send to their nursery if you want to go to kindergarden and some have no problem taking starting in kindergarden even if they had a nursery and you didnt send. Call the schools that you are thinking of applying to for kindergarden and see if they have a nursery and what their policy is.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 11:11 am
amother wrote:
sounds like a joke

I know but unfortunately it's not.....

momof2+?

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:14 pm
I can't believe that people pay double tuition just to hold the spot!?! and schools have such a thing going on?!?

precious

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:53 pm
Depends where you want to send. Many schools dont even have nursery. Some do but you should be able to get in anyways. The schools that won't have room in kindergarden are probably full for this year's nursery anyways, school already started...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more