Home

Fall Wardrobe Advice

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

one

Post  Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:03 pm
I love nice, trendy clothes, especially fall colors. But I have a hard time with in between weathers. I love the layering look but I am not sure how to put it together especially because I wear skirts. I find it easier with pants/leggings. I need some tips. I have lots of summer dresses that I can pair with a short jacket. Any ideas for jacket styles? And also how do I put together a fall wardrobe?? I have big hips and I find wearing skirts accentuates it..... TIA!

amother

Denim

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:39 am
Following!

DrMom

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:53 am
one wrote:
I love nice, trendy clothes, especially fall colors. But I have a hard time with in between weathers. I love the layering look but I am not sure how to put it together especially because I wear skirts. I find it easier with pants/leggings. I need some tips. I have lots of summer dresses that I can pair with a short jacket. Any ideas for jacket styles? And also how do I put together a fall wardrobe?? I have big hips and I find wearing skirts accentuates it..... TIA!

Experiment with jacket lengths to disguise/de-emphasize big hips.

Everyone seems to suggest different lengths for this; I find it is best to try things on and test it out.

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:25 am
I have big hips too.
Once it gets cold, more often than not I'm wearing a solid skirt, sweater and top with a colorful scarf. And necklaces or pins. And booties or granny boots.
Not that I'm any fashion oracle.

lucky14

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 3:33 pm
open front cardigan or duster over a sleeveless black dress (you can wear a shirt under it if you want) or a solid color top and more of a fitted skirt.
http://bananarepublicfactory.g.....=663253011

http://bananarepublicfactory.g.....=793287001

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/.....=874659002

(all those links are banana republic just because it was the first site I went to, but you can find that kind of thing in many other stores. And you can get colorful ones also I just posted whatever I saw first).
-btw I just realized that the third link is over $300, not how much I'd personally spend on a top, but really I was just showing you styles.

one

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 3:44 pm
Thanks for the replies.
Lucky14; would these long cardigans look good over skirts?

lucky14

Post  Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:00 pm
one wrote:
Thanks for the replies.
Lucky14; would these long cardigans look good over skirts?

If you have the right skirt I think they'd be cute. something right bellow the knee and not much flair to it:(I know her skirt is a bit above, once again just showing the idea...- also not fond of the exact colors and outfit)

https://I.pinimg.com/736x/b9/0.....-dress.jpg

When a bit chilly I wear them with leggings or tights and boots when pairing with a skirt.

btw I'm not a fashion expert and I really don't know what is in style so I can't say you'll be stylish. I also have big hips though so I find that I can't really always wear what's in style anyways and I'd rather wear something that is more flattering on me then something in style that looks horrible.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h