Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Anyone know of a dessert that takes 5 min or less to make?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

yogabird

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 6:05 pm
5 minutes of prep or 5 minutes ready to eat? If the former, you can do a bar of alprose baking chocolate melted into a warmed can of coconut milk OR container of whip topping, poured into a graham pie crust and chilled. You can use any type of nut/nut crunch as a topping. Or cookie crumbs. Or whatever.

CDL

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 6:20 pm
Chocolate or vanilla pudding, but I never tried it with soy milk. ( I would go with vanilla soy) it takes a minute to make and you can pour it into individual mini dessert bowls or whatever, (I use disposable) you can layer them if you have an extra second to be fancy.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 6:22 pm
CDL wrote:
Chocolate or vanilla pudding, but I never tried it with soy milk. ( I would go with vanilla soy) it takes a minute to make and you can pour it into individual mini dessert bowls or whatever, (I use disposable) you can layer them if you have an extra second to be fancy.

Be aware that instant pudding does not set with soy milk.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 6:58 pm
If we're only talking about 5 minute prep, not including baking time, two recipes that have minimal prep as they don't require melting, creaming, or whipping anything, just stirring ingredients together, brownies and wacky cake.

mmyy

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 7:17 pm
very easy yummy dessert:
cut up few nectarines and plums into thin slices, put in a pan, pour on top a bag of frozen blueberries,1 cup of sugar & 2 tbsp vanila s., mix everything and bake at 350 for about 45 min.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:43 pm
Baked apples. If you want an oomph factor , core and fill centers with cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped nuts but plain baked are good too!

smss

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 12:46 am
yogabird wrote:
5 minutes of prep or 5 minutes ready to eat? If the former, you can do a bar of alprose baking chocolate melted into a warmed can of coconut milk OR container of whip topping, poured into a graham pie crust and chilled. You can use any type of nut/nut crunch as a topping. Or cookie crumbs. Or whatever.

I tried this before (with chocolate chips) and it came out very grainy. I heated the coconut milk and chocolate together. Do you have to first melt the chocolate and heat the coconut milk separately and then combine? Or does it have to be baking chocolate?

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:06 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Chocolate graham cracker shell, crushed oreo cookies or the parvery equivalent, non dairy creamer- not whipped. Pour cookies and whip into shell and freeze.

Ice cream pie.

Yes. This is hands-down the absolute fastest, easiest dessert you can conjure. And it presents well too. If you let it sit for just a little before freezing, then the cream seeps into the cookies a little and makes it richer and smoother.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:57 am
Just be careful of pas akum- a lot of people do not eat between r"h & yom kippur.

etky

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:17 am
seeker wrote:
Yes. This is hands-down the absolute fastest, easiest dessert you can conjure. And it presents well too. If you let it sit for just a little before freezing, then the cream seeps into the cookies a little and makes it richer and smoother.

What are the amounts? 1 or 2 parve whips?
I whip the whip when I make this and thus need only 1 small (212 ml.) container. Without whipping will I need two containers for one pie shell?
And about how many cookies?
I use 16 sandwhich cookies to one whipped container of whip.
If I use two containers do I need to use more cookies?
Not trying to be pedantic here - just wondering how not whipping is going to alter the amounts....
Thx!

etky

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:24 am
imasoftov wrote:
If we're only talking about 5 minute prep, not including baking time, two recipes that have minimal prep as they don't require melting, creaming, or whipping anything, just stirring ingredients together, brownies and wacky cake.

Wacky cake is a staple in our home. I often put it chocolate chips and/or top with a glaze.
I change it up sometimes by making cupcakes with a square or two of bittersweet chocolate inside.
Or I bake the cake in two loaf pans, split a loaf lengthwise, sandwhich with parve whipped cream and top with a chocolate glaze. We call that Devil Dog Cake. Always a big hit.

etky

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:30 am
Something that I call "Deconstructed Pavlova":

Whip two containers of whip and fold in slightly crushed meringue kisses (pink looks pretty).
Freeze in fluted ring mold.
Unmold and serve slices with strawberry sauce (pureed berries + sugar to taste + a squeeze of lemon juice) spooned over.

Works very well for Pesach too.

smilealot

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:58 am
This is a hit in my home.
Buy a pie crust.
Mix one small whip and one vanilla pudding. Pour into the pie crust.
Let set.
Make jelly. I think you call it jello. Set it aside.
Arrange tinned peaches on top of the pudding if you want a nicer look.
Pour the jelly on top.
Refrigerate
It tastes so yum. No one can ever believe how easy and quick it is to make.

ludicrous

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 6:00 am
I blend one can of peaches and one can of pineapples, both with the juice, and one prepared red jello (no need to let it sit, just mix the jello with the proper amount of hot water) and chill
yummy compote

jflower

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 6:37 am
Raisin wrote:
Easy lemon pie

Mix together

16 oz pareve whip
1 cup sugar
8 eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
optional: lemon zest

stir all ingredients together (I use a stick blender - no need to whip the cream) Pour into 2 graham cracker crusts or pre - baked frozen pie crusts. Bake 30 minutes on 350 until just set. Freezes great and can be served semi frozen if desired.

Shave some chocolate on top if you want to be fancy or do as in this picture. (But that will exceed your 5 minute time limit.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/reci.....92197

Raisin, this recipe looks great. Is it very tart or is it sweet? I personally love the sour taste of lemon but the rest of my family likes sweet desserts. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 7:09 am
etky wrote:
What are the amounts? 1 or 2 parve whips?
I whip the whip when I make this and thus need only 1 small (212 ml.) container. Without whipping will I need two containers for one pie shell?
And about how many cookies?
I use 16 sandwhich cookies to one whipped container of whip.
If I use two containers do I need to use more cookies?
Not trying to be pedantic here - just wondering how not whipping is going to alter the amounts....
Thx!

Pour 16 oz fully thawed unwhipped topping (the one that is sweet) into a *chocolate* graham cracker pie crust and gently drop in 13 crushed parve oreo cookies.

Wow seeker, I'm surprised you've used parve topping. Wink I used to make this almost a decade ago.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 26 2023, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

all is good

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:39 am
Strawberry or mango sorbet. So easy, quick, and yummy: mix w/ S blade of food processor 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup sugar, 16 oz bag FROZEN strawberries or mangos (I've made both, both r delicious & gives ppl options) until very smooth & then freeze in container. So refreshing after a heavy meal.

The key in getting a smooth texture is doing it while the fruit is frozen. If u like very sweet add a bit more sugar...

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:41 am
jflower wrote:
Raisin, this recipe looks great. Is it very tart or is it sweet? I personally love the sour taste of lemon but the rest of my family likes sweet desserts. Thanks.

nope. Sweet. Really creamy and lemony and delicious.

simcha4

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 3:18 pm
peach, strawberry/ banana smoothie

I make it a lot on Yom Tov's and Shabbosim - after a heavy meal my fam. and guests appreciate that dessert is light

1 can halved peaches with juice

1 RICH pareve

1 bottle strawberry/banana juice (don't throw bottle in garbage)

pour into bowl. Blend with stick blender until no pieces of peach left. you'll get a frothy liquid.

To save on containers washing, pour the smoothies into the empty s/b juice bottle. You will need another smaller container for what doesn't go into bottle. I use disposable round 1 liter container.

Hatzlocha

Very Happy 4

studying_torah

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 3:44 pm
Scoop good quality vanilla ice cream into a pretty glass dish, pour over hot espresso or strong coffee.
Ice cream gets a bit melty & makes the coffee creamy.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics