Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Car seat/booster for carpool?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:36 pm
I need to purchase a car seat or booster for a 2 year old to sit in for carpool. I want something easy to install and remove and reinstall as necessary. I don't want to spend much money but I obviously want something safe.

I really wanted to get a high backed booster that buckles with a regular seat belt but a little research shows that 2 year olds are too small for those. It's a pity because I don't need another car seat except for this carpool and my own toddler will eventually grow into a booster seat.

Any suggestions?

cholenteater

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 10:42 pm
Check out the cosco finale
Low price great ratings
Has a five point harness like a carseat and becomes a regular seat belt booster when child is old enough
Eta made to fit 3 across back seat

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:24 am
bump

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 12:57 pm
Please do not put a 2 year old in a booster!!! That is very unsafe!! And it might be illegal...
2 year olds should only just be starting to be forward faced in a a 5 point harness (but it is safer if they fit to be RF as long as possible). The APA says that they should not forward face before 2 and that is why the law has changed in a few states to require that (NJ is one of those).
Where do you live? Your state should have guidelines to show when they are ready to move to the next stage in car seats and those are usually the EARLIEST points, not the best points...

How much space do you have for the car seat? There are forward facing car seats that will convert to a high backed booster when your kid is much older and they tend to be a little narrower and cheaper than RF car seats.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 1:31 pm
The Cosco Finale is not such a great seat. It only is suitable for 30 lbs and up (not sure if the 2 yo is that big yet) and isn't all that easy to install or use Sad It is narrow and lightweight though....

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 5:31 pm
Evenflo sureride / titan. The seat is very lightweight (one of the lightest convertible carseats on the market that lasts beyond age 2), so very easy to get in and out of the car. Can be installed with a seatbelt or latch. The Walmart version (and maybe other versions) of the Titan has super-easy push button latch connectors (the SureRide has hook ones which are a little more annoying) - the push button latch on some titan models is fantastic if you have to take it in and out every day. The car seat will las tyou until your kid is 6 no problem. You can also rear-face your 2 year old in if you want (our 4 year old is still rear-facing in it). And it's cheap, we got ours for under $100.

The only potential downside is that it is a little wide and may not work if you need three car seats across the backseat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics