Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
So hard!

rachel0615

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:52 pm
Wondering if anyone has had this experience or has advice. I have always been a big girl. I once did low carb and lost about 30 pounds on it. Fast forward to now- I am just out of shana rshona and gained quite some weight. I am on bc and have also been eating way too much, under a lot of stress from work, etc. I went back to eating low carb and 3 weeks later- I lost NO weight. How is this even possible?

I just switched to weight watchers and will see what happens but I am SO frustrated. Can bc or something else make such a huge difference? Help!

real

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:22 pm
stress can do that to anyone!

Optione

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:42 pm
I gained weight on BC

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:44 pm
Hormonal bc can definitely cause weight gain/make it really tough to lose. I ended up switching to the copper IUD.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 5:46 pm
rachel0615 wrote:
Wondering if anyone has had this experience or has advice. I have always been a big girl. I once did low carb and lost about 30 pounds on it. Fast forward to now- I am just out of shana rshona and gained quite some weight. I am on bc and have also been eating way too much, under a lot of stress from work, etc. I went back to eating low carb and 3 weeks later- I lost NO weight. How is this even possible?

I just switched to weight watchers and will see what happens but I am SO frustrated. Can bc or something else make such a huge difference? Help!

How much weight have you gained? Maybe you should see your doctor and have blood work etc to see what's going on and for suggestions for a nutritionist. Good luck!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 6:35 pm
May I make a suggestion? Real, lasting weight loss comes from 3 elements:

1. Cutting out refined carbs, sugar, and most "white foods" (white rice, white flour, etc)
2. Portion control (even if you eat only the "right" foods, too much isn't a good thing when it cones to weight loss)
3. Excersize, both aerobic (walking, swimming, dancing) and toning (weight training, abs work, Pilate's, etc)

It sounds like you are doing #1, but leaving out #2 and #3?

And yes, the estrogen in the combined pill can cause your body to hang on to fat stores (particularly in the feminine areas), because the pill is essentially tricking your body into thinking its pregnant, so you can't conceive again.

I hope this was helpful, and I wish you lots of luck on your weight loss journey.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:11 pm
Weight watchers works!!! If you get the weight watchers app on your phone, there is a whole weight watchers community where people post encouragement and weight losses.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:26 pm
weight watchers really does work. The hard part is the first few days when you have to figure out what you can eat/how much ... after a few days when you have figured that out, you will start to loose weight. You will loose about 1 lb a wk -- the first 2 wks you might loose a bit more than 1 lb, and some weeks you might only loose a half a lb but I can promise you that if you stick with it, you will not gain anything and within 6 months you will probably around 25 lbs if not more!

How much to you want to loose in total?

Another thing .... I found it very hard to stick with my diet after I was married. After all, I was spending so much time preparing food for my husband that I felt I deserved to eat some too ...and then I started to gain! You will have to prepare 2 different menus unless you can figure out what the point value is of the food you cooked.

Good luck!! You can do it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise