Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O Kind And Heartwarming Gestures A Teacher Did To You
Previous  1  2

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:52 pm
I had a high school teacher who spent 2 and a half hours 3x a week driving me to therapy/rehab for 6 six weeks. It was extreme and above and beyond. I can say with certainty that I would not be healthy and married with kids without her.
Even the everyday interactions she had with students were genuine, so real. Hashem should repay her a thousandfold.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:06 pm
Again, this wasnt me personally, but it affected me a lot. When my husband was suddenly niftar, one of my younger daughter's teachers wrote her a letter and very honestly told her how it had felt for him to lose his own father as a kid her age. That letter meant so much to her and to me.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:56 pm
amother wrote:
Again, this wasnt me personally, but it affected me a lot. When my husband was suddenly niftar, one of my younger daughter's teachers wrote her a letter and very honestly told her how it had felt for him to lose his own father as a kid her age. That letter meant so much to her and to me.

Wow. That really is heartwarming.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 10:58 pm
I was in fourth grade and I gave a particularly smart answer in class . Her jaw dropped and she sent wow I can't believe u know this ! She made a whole big deal . Then she sEnt someone to her office downstairs to get me a special prize.

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:01 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I was in fourth grade and I gave a particularly smart answer in class . Her jaw dropped and she sent wow I can't believe u know this ! She made a whole big deal . Then she sEnt someone to her office downstairs to get me a special prize.
to this day I remember how special and empowered she made me feel

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:49 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Wow. Glad to hear. And yes you are surely making a difference in your students lives just by being kind fair and respectful. I was not the one to open up to teachers and I can tell you that just sitting in certain teachers classes felt so good and special.

Thank you!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 12:35 am
my elementary school had a system where teachers would send students to the principals' office for doing GOOD work. Wrote an exceptional story? Produced a piece of fabulous artwork? Go show the principal (hebrew or english). Principal would read it, ooh and ah, give a stamp or a "kol hakavod" sticker. Made us feel like a million bucks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics